Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → obama on leno
obama on leno
2009-03-20, 4:19 PM #1
Anyone catch obama on the leno show? I havent yet but i guess everyone is upset because he cracked a special olympics joke. Looks like the messaiah is human after all.

on a positive note it looks like hes installing a basketball court and a bowling alley at the white house. Game of horse vs obama?
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-03-20, 5:00 PM #2
i didnt see it but i heard the audio clip. while i am no fan of obama, i think people are of course overreacting to it. at the same time though he does need to watch what he is saying a little.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-03-20, 5:00 PM #3
The White House has had a bowling alley for 30 years.
Pissed Off?
2009-03-20, 8:28 PM #4
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
i didnt see it but i heard the audio clip. while i am no fan of obama, i think people are of course overreacting to it. at the same time though he does need to watch what he is saying a little.

the guy is just human and i think people need to realize this. hes no jesus.
-Martyn
2009-03-20, 8:29 PM #5
That's kind of a poor joke for the President to be making. We all make mistakes, but he probably should have thought about that.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-03-20, 8:46 PM #6
Originally posted by Onimusha:

Everyone except for the imaginary black people in Rush Limbaugh's head knows that Obama is only human.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-03-20, 8:54 PM #7
People are being so retarded about this.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2009-03-20, 8:57 PM #8
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Everyone except for the imaginary black people in Rush Limbaugh's head knows that Obama is only human.

and the lady who is on camera saying that now that obama is president she literally does not have to worry about putting food on the table or gas in the car... oh and the lady who was expecting obama to get he a new house with a new kitchen, and the guy who wanted obama to get him a new job or better benifits... :ninja:

no, seriously though at worst he was a little insensitive, people need to grow some skin. he was not intending to belittle the athletes who compete in the special Olympics so people need to stop acting like he said "hey retards **** you!" because he didnt.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-03-20, 8:58 PM #9
however... if it had been bush it would have been game on. and... you... know... it! :cool:
2009-03-20, 8:58 PM #10
He said that later, off camera.
2009-03-20, 9:02 PM #11

but didnt you hear, both he and jesus were "comunity organizers" :downs:

lol, sorry i really dont mean that. i am just being a turd. :P
2009-03-20, 9:28 PM #12
Hell you wouldn't have thought he was "just human" if you saw some of the cubicles at my last job. Little obama shrines everywhere. Rush Limbaugh wasn't too far off as I've witnessed so far.
-Martyn
2009-03-20, 10:10 PM #13
Rush Limbaugh should be the last person to criticize other people for having idiots hanging on their every word...
2009-03-20, 10:30 PM #14
wow where the hell have you been?
-Martyn
2009-03-20, 10:32 PM #15
President Obama does not care about disabled people.
2009-03-20, 10:46 PM #16
wow where the hell have you been?

MY COMPUTER WAS STOLEN YOU [snip]
2009-03-20, 10:46 PM #17
While I don't mind a "slip up" like that, I will say that had Bush made the same mistake, it would have been the headliner for the entire week. It's not like there's undue expectations on Obama for this, it's the same thing every president has to go through.
2009-03-20, 10:51 PM #18
(I hope CM didn't see that.)
2009-03-21, 4:17 AM #19
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
While I don't mind a "slip up" like that, I will say that had Bush made the same mistake, it would have been the headliner for the entire week. It's not like there's undue expectations on Obama for this, it's the same thing every president has to go through.

I dunno, I think Bush got a lot of leeway before they started really laying into him.
Thing about Bush was he wouldn't say something stupid once, or every now and then, he'd say them all the time.
Still, being president does mean everything you do and say get's headlines.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-03-21, 5:09 AM #20
What exactly did he say?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-03-21, 5:36 AM #21
Quote:
President Obama, in his taping with Jay Leno Thursday afternoon, attempted to yuk it up with the funnyman, and ended up insulting the disabled.
Towards the end of his approximately 40-minute appearance, the president talked about how he’s gotten better at bowling and has been practicing in the White House bowling alley.
He bowled a 129, the president said.
“That’s very good, Mr. President,” Leno said sarcastically.
It’s “like the Special Olympics or something,” the president said.
When asked about the remark, the White House said the president did not intend to offend.
“The president made an off-hand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics,” White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton said.
2009-03-21, 7:06 AM #22
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire:
People are being so retarded about this.

Nice pun! :awesome:
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-03-21, 7:34 AM #23
Haha nice! I didn't even spot that
2009-03-21, 10:23 AM #24

Oh, come on. If Bush had made the same mistake near the beginning of his term, he'd have gotten exactly the same attention Obama's getting now. Any additional scrutiny he got later in his term, he earned by doing stupid things like getting his *** kicked by a pretzel, or breaking international human rights laws. But even at the height of his unpopularity, I really doubt that a remark like this would have gotten a week of coverage.
2009-03-21, 11:09 AM #25
I don't like how they get to just brush away the offensive part of the joke.

"No, he wasn't making fun of retarded people, he was just saying how their bowling scores are lower than what a normal person like Obama should roll. That isn't offensive, right?"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-03-21, 12:37 PM #26
No it's not, if he'd said he bowls like a white guy I wouldn't be offended.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-03-21, 12:44 PM #27
Quote:

That would have made me crack up if he had said that.

I think it would be hilarious if he started whipping out the black jokes, just to watch everyone nervously laugh around him, while he sits there comfortably haha. Like I stated, I think this is a good thing, it shows hes just a chill, cool, every day kind of guy, which is what people need to see. I don't exactly agree with his views on everything, but I do like him as a person, he's a real down to earth dude.
-Martyn
2009-03-21, 12:49 PM #28
HOW DARE HIM

I VOTED FOR MCCAIN FOR A REASON. HES TERRIBLE AT BOWLING CUZ HES OLD

:argh::argh::argh::argh:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-03-21, 1:08 PM #29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbM6xPV-fY
2009-03-21, 1:45 PM #30
Haha, I agree he should have made a bunch of black jokes. I think that would've made my night.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-03-21, 2:30 PM #31
i think he should have whipped out a black something else :omg:
2009-03-21, 5:02 PM #32
In my opinion, people who are offended by an everyday joke because it comes out the mouth of the president belong in the Special Olympics.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-03-21, 5:17 PM #33
Obama needs to learn to shut up.

Cheney shoots his mouth off about how everybody is stupid except for him and that Halliburton needs more impoverished infants' blood for their vile rituals, and Obama issues a very long and eloquent statement that can fairly easily be reduced to "NO, YOU." This happens every time there is a hint of criticism directed toward him, his administration, his officials, the government in general, a statement of impatience or a short remark about how the Big Mac I ate for lunch didn't agree with me.

Cheney doesn't matter. When he was incompetent at best and deliberately malevolent at worst. His dark, miserable pallor clung to the world like soggy underwear riding up the planet's buttcrack, but now he finally doesn't matter. Obama isn't willing to punish him with bullets, but we should punish him with obscurity.

Some people will never like Obama no matter how hard he does his job, how well he does it or how much he accomplishes. A lot of those people are guys like Cheney who for all but the grace of the new President would be in chains awaiting an execution for high treason. They're trolling for attention and Obama is helping the media give it to them.
2009-03-21, 5:52 PM #34
Quote:
MY COMPUTER WAS STOLEN YOU [snip]

Woah there feller, didn't know that. Take a prozac and breathe.
-Martyn
2009-03-21, 7:52 PM #35

agreed, well said
2009-03-21, 8:14 PM #36
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I don't like how they get to just brush away the offensive part of the joke.

"No, he wasn't making fun of retarded people, he was just saying how their bowling scores are lower than what a normal person like Obama should roll. That isn't offensive, right?"

Yeah, I thought it was pretty bad

I mean if he was just some guy I wouldn't think much of it, but how are the retarded kids gonna feel

"The president thinks you suck"
2009-03-22, 2:03 AM #37
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Obama needs to learn to shut up.

Cheney shoots his mouth off about how everybody is stupid except for him and that Halliburton needs more impoverished infants' blood for their vile rituals, and Obama issues a very long and eloquent statement that can fairly easily be reduced to "NO, YOU." This happens every time there is a hint of criticism directed toward him, his administration, his officials, the government in general, a statement of impatience or a short remark about how the Big Mac I ate for lunch didn't agree with me.

Cheney doesn't matter. When he was incompetent at best and deliberately malevolent at worst. His dark, miserable pallor clung to the world like soggy underwear riding up the planet's buttcrack, but now he finally doesn't matter. Obama isn't willing to punish him with bullets, but we should punish him with obscurity.

Some people will never like Obama no matter how hard he does his job, how well he does it or how much he accomplishes. A lot of those people are guys like Cheney who for all but the grace of the new President would be in chains awaiting an execution for high treason. They're trolling for attention and Obama is helping the media give it to them.

First point: Obama's promised investigation into all things Gitmo hasn't happened yet. It probably never will, but I'm willing to keep hoping a little longer. And if it ever does, Cheney will be the first against the wall.

Second point: The evidence is never going to support a treason conviction for Cheney. He hasn't levied war against the United States, or intentionally supported a wartime enemy of ours. What Obama can do, and should do, is make sure he gets tried for torture and crimes against humanity, charges that are a slam-dunk since Cheney has essentially admitted to them publicly. Cheney gets his prison cell, and Obama gets to show the world that America really can police itself.

Third point: No matter what Obama does, the press will be perfectly happy to give Cheney all the time he needs to air his grievances. He is, after all, a former Vice President, and the American press loves former Vice Presidents. I'll agree that there's no need for Obama to respond to every criticism, but when Cheney pipes up it's like shooting fish in a barrel. If people are going to hear him regardless of the response from the White House, I don't especially mind getting to hear Obama's press team slap him around a bit.
2009-03-22, 11:24 AM #38
Originally posted by Detty:

cause white guys can actually bowl
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-03-22, 12:09 PM #39
I sure as hell can't.
I'm happy if I break 100.
2009-03-22, 12:48 PM #40
I really think people are overreacting. It was a mistake made mostly because of his lack of experience and he's not likely to do it again.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely needs to be more careful when he speaks, and deserves a slap on the wrist from his PR guy, but I wouldn't call it huge news
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.

↑ Up to the top!