Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Name That Song
Name That Song
2009-03-24, 4:05 PM #1
Well since nobody uses the music forum for anything other than the stickies nowdays I thought that this might be a good place to put this, although it may be shortlived.

Fairly simple: If it's your go you post a short sound clip from a song [Preferrably using the mp3 tags], and if you guess a song correctly it's your go. You might find something like Audacity helpful for this. :P

Rules:
1. you MUST wait your turn it is only your turn when you have correctly guessed the song and the person who posted the soundclip has confirmed this
2. If the thread is idle for 2 days after a guess has been confirmed and no new clip is posted the thread will be hijacked and i will post a new soundclip to keep the game moving so make sure to keep checking the thread if you make a guess
3. If someone passes their turn to someone else and specifies a person to take their turn that person has 1 day not 2 to post their sound
4. If after 3 days nobody correctly guesses please post a new portion of the same song
5. Please keep all soundclips between 2 and 10 seconds

And some rules to keep this from being too difficult
1. Only singles that have charted in either the Billboard Hot 100 or the UK Top 40.
2. Only radio or album cuts of songs: No live versions
3. No B-sides

Rules Format Shamelessly Stolen From Jim. :P

And to get the ball rolling:
[mp3]http://www.filebucket.net/files/13110_cjzv7/zellsux.mp3[/mp3]
nope.
2009-03-24, 4:13 PM #2
secondary rule #1 is stupid.

sounds familiar but i dont have a guess.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-03-24, 4:15 PM #3
Secondary Rule 1 is to avoid someone being a smartass and posting a very obscure Indie artist that nobody else has ever heard of. It's just so the game doesnt die as quickly. :P
nope.
2009-03-24, 4:23 PM #4
I'm guessing the name of the song is "Error opening file"
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-03-24, 4:38 PM #5
Shhhhh.
nope.
2009-03-25, 1:17 AM #6
U2 - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2009-03-25, 5:51 AM #7
Aaaand Spork wins!

nope.
2009-03-25, 6:11 PM #8
what about just an artist thats been in the top 100 or uk top 40?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM

↑ Up to the top!