Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Can you take apart a laptops keyboard?
Can you take apart a laptops keyboard?
2004-08-22, 10:12 AM #1
Something is stuck under my "Page Down" button, I tried pulling just it alone off, but it seemed to not want to come off. I don't want to pull too hard and break it, but can I take the whole thing off and clean under the keyboard? I have a Dell Inspiron 8600.
2004-08-22, 10:14 AM #2
I usually just stick a pencil and try to dig the thing out.

------------------
"Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-08-22, 10:16 AM #3
You can take the keys off of my really old laptop, but I don't remember exactly how. They kinda came off by accident and I had to piece them back together and put them back on. I think if you pull just right they'll just pop off, but don't trust me, wait for someone else to confirm it, heh.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-22, 10:57 AM #4
There are some things on Dell's website about removing the whole keyboard. The only thing I saw about indivisual keys was this, "The keycaps on the keyboard are fragile, easily dislodged, and time-consuming to replace."

Maybe you could bend a paperclip or a pin to fit between the keys.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobbert006 (edited August 22, 2004).]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-08-22, 11:19 AM #5
The was all or nothing on my laptop.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-22, 12:38 PM #6
Bobber - yea I already did that.
2004-08-22, 1:32 PM #7
On my old one, you could pop the keys off by placing a flat-head screwdriver under the edge of the key; *BARELY* under the edge, or you might break something, depending how it's constructed.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 22, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-22, 6:02 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Can you take apart a laptops keyboard? </font>

I highly reccomend a baseball bat.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!