Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You wouldn't believe...
You wouldn't believe...
2004-08-21, 5:55 AM #1
The crap people try to pull online. This is the absolute stupidest chain letter I've ever seen.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Cancer (DO NOT DELETE) - You must forward!

Hi, my name is Amy Bruce. I am 7 years old, and I have severe lung cancer from second hand smoke. I also have a large tumor in
my brain, from repeated beatings. The doctors say I will die soon if this isn't
fixed, and my family can't pay the bills.
The Make A Wish Foundation, has agreed to donate 7 cents for every name on this list.
For those of you who send this along, I thank you so much, but for those who don't send it, what goes around comes around. Have a Heart, please send this. Please, if you are a kind person, send this on.

PLEASE HIT FORWARD BUTTON "NOT REPLY BUTTON".... thank you!!!!
Elaine Kenyon
Faculty of Nursing
University of New Brunswick
Fredericton
Phone# 458-7620</font>

Come ON. Suddenly, the "make a wish" foundation requires a petition to get money? Give me a freaking break. And on top of all this: Do people realize that... this '7 year old boy' can't actually SEE the e-mail after he's sent it out? So he couldn't produce the e-mail to the make a wish foundation, anyway. ESPECIALLY now that it's being forewarded to entire lists of e-mails. There's probably 200 versions of the e-mail (At least, there were 200 at the top of THIS e-mail), there'd be a crazy ammount of lists of e-mails, not just a single list.

Come on, are people really this stupid? I should start a chain letter "Hi, I'm a stupid American: Foreward this or your crush will die by 12:00 tonight!"

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-21, 6:07 AM #2
I like the ones that say hotmail will delete your account if you don't reply.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-21, 6:09 AM #3
I give everyone one warning that if they EVER send me another chain letter, I will block their email adress, and no longer acknowledge them as a human being.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-08-21, 6:16 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Do people realize that... this '7 year old boy' can't actually SEE the e-mail after he's sent it out?</font>

Not that it really matters, but the name in the e-mail was for a 7 year-old girl.

But is that name at the end of the e-mail the name of someone who signed it, or is it a signature, because if it's a signature then that's cold, hard proof that it's not a real e-mail since the body is talking in the first-person perspective (from the 7 year-old girl's perspective) yet is signed by someone who doesn't even have a similar last name.

[Edit]And isn't it kind of weird that they put all of that information under their name, except for an area code for the phone number?[/Edit]

But yeah, I agree with you about the e-mail, it's crazy what people will do just to get people to send an e-mail to everyone they know... and I don't even see a reason as to why someone would want to make an e-mail that is meant to be sent to who-knows-how-many people. It's stupid, and it's sad that they're going to this extent to do it.

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192
E-Mail: FCTuner04--//[at]\\--gmail--//[dot]\\--com

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite

[This message has been edited by FCTuner04 (edited August 21, 2004).]
2004-08-21, 6:25 AM #5
I like the chainmails that tell you that a curse will be set upon your house and computer if you don't forward it. That was a funny one.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-21, 6:29 AM #6
I've never really understood chain letters. It's not like the creator of the letter even gets anything from it... even spam makes a lot more sense if you think about it.

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-21, 6:38 AM #7
Man.. that 7 year old has great spelling and grammar. I wish I could spell that well when I was 7.

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-21, 7:30 AM #8
That was a hell of a lot of cancer for a 7 year old kid to have. And since when did beats turn to cancer.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited August 21, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-08-21, 7:40 AM #9
...my grammar was that good when I was 7.

------------------
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-08-21, 7:44 AM #10
Uh, does the medical system work like that in the US?

If a patient can't pay the medical bills, are they just left to die? Or are they left in debt after taking out a loan to pay the medical bills?

Really, petitions to donate money to pay for individuals are not the way to go, instead they should donate money to political campaigns to reform the health system.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-21, 7:49 AM #11
No. The hospital helps them, then if there is no insurance, the hospital launches a new pat-them-selves-on-the-beck ad campaign about how wonderfull they are for curing them for free.
2004-08-21, 7:58 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
I give everyone one warning that if they EVER send me another chain letter, I will block their email adress, and no longer acknowledge them as a human being.

</font>

Seriously, only sub-humans send chain letters.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-08-21, 8:03 AM #13
First mail that came up after I read this...

"Josh Plummer" <joshplummer_nk@olivin.no>
Want to lose up to 19% weight. Try Adipren!

Right.. Commercial... But beware of the 41K mail... They usually pack a virus. Nasty things...

And I've gotten some nice mails with the subject starting with 'Re:'. Yeah, I sent that subject, ooo, what kind of answere have I gotten, MY *** ! Things like 'Encrypted Message', 'hi' (the usual), 'Forum Notify', and empty. And then comes commercial. They've never met me, and they assume I'm, either a girl, too fat, uglé, or too small a private. NUT CASES!!! Beware of mail..................

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-08-21, 9:41 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
The crap people try to pull online. This is the absolute stupidest chain letter I've ever seen.

Come ON. Suddenly, the "make a wish" foundation requires a petition to get money? Give me a freaking break. And on top of all this: Do people realize that... this '7 year old boy' can't actually SEE the e-mail after he's sent it out? So he couldn't produce the e-mail to the make a wish foundation, anyway. ESPECIALLY now that it's being forewarded to entire lists of e-mails. There's probably 200 versions of the e-mail (At least, there were 200 at the top of THIS e-mail), there'd be a crazy ammount of lists of e-mails, not just a single list.

Come on, are people really this stupid? I should start a chain letter "Hi, I'm a stupid American: Foreward this or your crush will die by 12:00 tonight!"

JediKirby

</font>

yup I agree. all chain letters online are bs.

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, But I can Carry YOu...Come on!

"Life Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans..."
"Too bad stupidity doesn't actually kill"

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-21, 4:47 PM #15
ive had dumber ones....but thats one of the worst

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2

"Why are they called headphones... why not... Headspeakers?" - finity5
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-08-21, 4:52 PM #16
HAHAHA! A brain tumor from repeated beatings? Pass the crackpipe this way Uncle howie!

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-21, 5:06 PM #17
1.) Since when do people get cancer from second hand smoke? (Especially at 7).
2.) Since when do beatings cause cancer? If that's true, most guys have penis cancer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
3.) The one thing that would make this letter great: an ending like "If you don't forward this, Jesus won't love you."

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 21, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-21, 5:09 PM #18
ROFL!! Good one [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-21, 5:36 PM #19
I volenteered for Make-a-Wish and Kids-for-Wish-Kids for several years, this kinda pisses me off.
2004-08-22, 2:03 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
1.) Since when do people get cancer from second hand smoke? (Especially at 7).
2.) Since when do beatings cause cancer? If that's true, most guys have penis cancer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

1. It's happened. I was in the hospital once, and the kid across the hall was struggling with lung cancer. He pulled out later, I found out. According to the nurse that was treating him, the doc said his lungs healed easier since he was young. But he would be prone to an outbreak again for the rest of his life. EEeeeeek.

2. Now that's BS [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-08-22, 2:23 AM #21
There was some jazz musician that died of lung cancer, though he never smoked in his life. He got lung cancer because he played in lots of smoke-filled bars and clubs and things.

And...um... no, I don't think I can even weasle up an explanation for the second one.. Unless the beatings somehow distrupted blood flow and.. um.. nope.. hmm.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-22, 3:08 AM #22
A tumor doesn't necessarily mean cancer, it could be a cyst that developed from massive trauma.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-22, 6:52 AM #23
Dear God In Heaven...

My sister just sent me a chainmail. One of the ones that says, if you send this to 7 people, a video will start playing on your screen, and it is the funniest thing ever. Whats worse? The subject line of the letter was "I gotta see if this works."

AAAARARRRRGGGGG

I thought my sister was smart [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-22, 7:47 AM #24
7 years of second hand smoke probably wouldn't be enough to give you lung cancer, that is, unless of course they've got an initial alergy to smoke, or some sort of thinning of the lung walls. Another reason could be cigar smoke.

And yes, a cyst will form from repeat beatings. Blood clot.

Neither of these legitimize the e-mail. The make a wish foundation wouldn't (And probably legally couldn't) require e-mails to fund a surgury and treatment. As well, the make a wish foundation doesn't fund surguries, they fund trips to disney world BEFORE a surgury. As well, no company would use e-mail chainletters to get feedback on ANYTHING. It's not statistically efficient, and it's not exactly controllable. This "kid" is just a 12 year old girl who thinks it'll be 'kewl' to see this pop up in her inbox in a month later with 400 e-mails in the header. Pathetic.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-22, 6:37 PM #25
You think that's a sad story? wait until you read this one!
http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/burlap.htm

-Lung cancer suddenly doesn't seem so sad...

------------------
It's our All-American product. We got the idea from the Germans. The French hate it. It goes for half in Canada. The English have a version, but it's not so hot. There's cheap knockoffs in India. The Japanese are devolping a sleeker, sexier model. Made in China.
2004-08-22, 6:57 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">1.) Since when do people get cancer from second hand smoke? (Especially at 7).</font>

uhh sorry, but Second hand smoke is one of the top ways to get lung cancer. Thats why waitresses that work in bars a lot of times end up with cancer even if they themselves don't smoke. I thought it was common knowledge that second hand smoke caused cancer.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!