Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Vista problem that's been bugging me.
Vista problem that's been bugging me.
2009-03-26, 11:56 PM #1
See screenshot. What's happening is that sometimes when I connect to the internet, the tray icon will show the red X indicating no network connection and the status box says it's not properly connected. But as you can see from the picture (and the fact I'm posting here) I've been online over two hours and sending/recieving data without any problem. Web pages and IRC and everything else works perfectly fine, it's just that it says it's not connected when it actually is. Once it does this there's no way I've found to fix it (to get it say it's connected) without rebooting. Reconnecting or logging out of Windows doesn't fix it, has to be a reboot.

So is this a known issue or does this thing just like **** with me?
Attachment: 21597/what.jpg (110,246 bytes)
2009-03-27, 12:07 AM #2
its obvious that you are using IPv5 connectivity
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-03-27, 12:11 AM #3
I should add that it is supposed to be saying "IPv4 Connectivity: Connected" and "IPv6 Connectivity: Limited"

also landfish is a butt
2009-03-27, 2:41 AM #4
"Serious Business Status"
一个大西瓜
2009-03-27, 2:57 AM #5
I think it has to do with one of the Windows services being stopped. I forget which one though :smith:

2009-03-27, 6:44 AM #6
Yeah, I stopped one of the 7 services as an experiment and that happened even though network was working. I think it's also a service in Vista.

It was the one that said that it provides network connectivity information to applications, if that helps. It might have been the one that manages the network profiles for different networks you connect to. Make sure both are running.

Originally posted by landfish:
its obvious that you are using IPv5 connectivity

That reminds me, why is it called v6 anyway? v4 takes up 4 bytes per address so you'd think v6 takes up 6. NOPE, v6 addresses take 16 bytes.

MAC addresses, coincidentally, take 6.

2009-03-27, 7:23 AM #7
Network List Service seems to match that.

It was started. Stopped it, tried to restart it and returned an error saying it couldn't be stopped (with no information as to why). Restarted it again with success. Tried to stop it again (for laughs, i guess) and it returned the same error again. Seems to have borked things more because now Network Connections says dial-up is connected but my shortcut icon, which should open the status dialog when it's connected, now still opens the connection dialog even though it's already connected.

Fun stuff.

↑ Up to the top!