Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSi
2009-03-27, 5:14 PM #1
Anyone buying one? I'm contemplating whether if I should pre-order one, or if that it would be another nintendo gimmick.

2009-03-27, 5:38 PM #2
It depends. Do you own a DS?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-03-27, 7:48 PM #3
Its a reskin of a reskin. No.

Ohhh.. cameras... big whoop.

Its about as stupid as sony releasing the psp slim. If it rendered PS3 grapics or shot flames out the cartridge slot, I might reconsider.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-03-27, 8:06 PM #4
I want one, but no money ATM.

2009-03-27, 8:18 PM #5
Originally posted by Onimusha:
If it rendered PS3 grapics or shot flames out the cartridge slot, I might reconsider.

um. It doesn't sound like a very smart investment to buy something that shoots flames OR renders PS3 graphics.
2009-03-27, 8:29 PM #6
The PSP shot its UMDs out, but they weren't on fire.

I'd buy a DSi if I didn't have a DS Lite, but I do, so I won't. The faster browser and larger screens are not worth it (and the cameras are a joke).

Oh, and it's missing the GBA slot, another killer.
2009-03-27, 9:33 PM #7
Looks cool.
I wouldn't get it though.
2009-03-27, 9:36 PM #8
I wouldn't even get it if I didn't have a DS Lite, I'd still get the DS Lite, since they're cheaper and I value a GBA slot more than cameras and "DSiWare"
2009-03-28, 6:06 AM #9
Quote:
um. It doesn't sound like a very smart investment to buy something that shoots flames OR renders PS3 graphics.

:master:
-Martyn
2009-03-28, 9:31 AM #10
Its a reskin of a reskin.

Its about as stupid as sony releasing the psp slim. If it rendered PS3 grapics or shot flames out the cartridge slot, I might reconsider.

Why is it stupid to release the slim? The material costs are MUCH lower, the refresh stimulated demand, and Sony enjoys higher profit margins. Seems like a good idea to me.
\(='_'=)/
2009-03-28, 10:57 AM #11
Yeah, there's no real downside to the Slim, unlike the DSi. It even has more RAM, which is really useful for homebrew (one program just came out that lets you run 2 applications/games at the same time).
2009-03-28, 12:09 PM #12
Not to mention it's annoying getting the 'not enough memory' message on about half the websites out there with a standard psp.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-03-28, 12:28 PM #13
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Not to mention it's annoying getting the 'not enough memory' message on about half the websites out there with a standard psp.

Seriously? How is that even functional? Do other devices have this problem? I'm getting an iPhone/Blackberry soon....
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-03-28, 12:46 PM #14
^ you'll be fine on a smartphone, but on handsets like LG you get that error frequently. When I visit here with my voyager I get it all the time.
-Martyn
2009-03-28, 1:29 PM #15
You're fine if you disable images but that's annoying in its own way.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-03-28, 1:40 PM #16
Its a reskin of a reskin. No.

Ohhh.. cameras... big whoop.

The main thing about the DSi is the SD slot--it makes homebrew actually possible, and lets you watch movies/listen to music. Not a bad deal considering you can pick up 8gb sd cards for fairly cheap nowadays.

And the slim PSP was actually a very good rehash, however the 3000 series is just :hurr:

But no, I'm not getting one. Just waiting on it to drive the cost of the Lite down then buying one of those.
D E A T H
2009-03-28, 1:48 PM #17
Oooh, SD slot, there's some good potential right there.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-03-28, 9:19 PM #18
yeah, good potential, but I think i'll wait it out when things get stable.

2009-03-29, 3:06 AM #19
Yeah me too, though admittedly probably not even then.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-03-29, 4:25 PM #20
I see no reason to replace my DS Lite. Also, not sure my CycloDS will work with the DSi and wouldn't bother getting one if it didn't.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2009-03-29, 5:35 PM #21
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
I see no reason to replace my DS Lite. Also, not sure my CycloDS will work with the DSi and wouldn't bother getting one if it didn't.

this
>__>

o.0
2009-03-30, 5:22 AM #22
It's def a waste of time. The camera's may play a bigger role in Japan than they will here. I'll stick to my DS Lite.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-03-30, 5:39 AM #23
Why would anyone feel the need to use the internet on a PSP?

:/
nope.
2009-03-30, 6:56 AM #24
I just want something with really good homebrew capabilities.

2009-03-30, 9:34 AM #25
Quote:
I just want something with really good homebrew capabilities.

Buy a PSP.
-Martyn
2009-03-30, 2:08 PM #26
probably after I get back from my holiday, even though it comes out in two days time here.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%

↑ Up to the top!