Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Surely there's something missing with these...
Surely there's something missing with these...
2009-04-01, 5:42 PM #1
I got the IWooT newsletter earlier and my attention was instantly snatched by these.

They're a set of contact lenses containing a whole load of nanobots which can cause the lenses to contract or expand to suit your eyesight, so they don't require a prescription and will adapt if your eyesight deteriorates. They're also self cleaning so they don't need replacing and powered by the salt in your tears meaning they don't run out of juice. You can instantly change the colour of your iris using an included remote control and they also feature a 4x digital zoom.

I know they cost a fair bit (£94.78 from IWooT), but have we really come this far with nanotechnology and such? If I come across a bit of disposable income in the next few months I'd be incredibly tempted due to the combined awesomeness of ridding myself of glasses and really screwing around with people using the colour changer.

I'm mostly just hoping that this isn't an April Fools joke :P
2009-04-01, 5:58 PM #2
I could do with those for the zoom alone. Wonder how well they'd cope with my shoddy eyes, though...

Otherwise, yeah. It's a joke, unfortunately.

Pity.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-04-01, 5:58 PM #3
4x zoom?! :awesome:
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-01, 9:18 PM #4
If there was one product I could wish into existence....
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say

↑ Up to the top!