Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → File sharing software ruled legal in appeals court
File sharing software ruled legal in appeals court
2004-08-23, 4:37 AM #1
http://news.com.com/Judges+rule+file-sharing+software+legal/2100-1032_3-5316570.html?tag=st.rn

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-23, 4:50 AM #2
Wow.. that's the most sound decision I've ever seen the 9th circuit make.. They're usually a bunch of whackos.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-23, 5:03 AM #3
Well, the article states that file-sharing itself still isn't legal. Probably some might cofuse that for the purpose of the decision.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-23, 5:12 AM #4
Wolfy posted a link but failed to comment? *gasp*!

This is good news. Finally, a stub on the toe of the RI/MPAA juggernaut.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-23, 5:25 AM #5
That's good news. I consider the RIAA to be an illegitimate organization like the mafia or the colombian drug cartels.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-23, 6:36 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
Well, the article states that file-sharing itself still isn't legal. Probably some might cofuse that for the purpose of the decision.

</font>

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!