Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ur mr. gay
ur mr. gay
2009-04-04, 5:44 PM #1
I played Super Mario Galaxy for the first time tonight, and it was awesome. I only have 6 stars. Can anyone here tell me if it gets better or worse from here on out?

Also, if you are wondering about the thread title.

[http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/nikuluffy/mrgay.jpg?t=1238892223]
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-04-04, 5:46 PM #2
no u
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-04-04, 5:47 PM #3
It's consistently awesome right up until you're done a quarter of the game and you're able to beat the final boss and the end credits scroll. After that it becomes arguable.
2009-04-04, 6:20 PM #4
Eh. I thought the drive to try out new places held my attention longer in the game. Yes, you are given access to the final boss pretty much a quarter a way through, but you are still unlocking new worlds by that time. It was to the point where nothing but challenges for stars (yay, collect 100 damn purple coins) were left that it felt pointless to go on. The galaxies tend to have some little gimmick or detail that makes it fun to see what's around the corner.

Although, shaking the Wii controller to just do an ordinary attack isn't so fun after awhile. And the Star Bits felt like an ad hoc feature because the Wii Remote was available. But all in all, the game felt like a polished package with an actual direction than Sunshine.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-05, 12:48 AM #5
ECHOMAN, the star bits become more interesting when you go two player ;)

Rarely shot bits at enemies single player though.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-04-05, 2:05 PM #6
...people actually played 2 player for that game..?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-05, 2:45 PM #7
ECHOMAN: probably only to deplete the first player's star bits to keep them from getting one ups.

2009-04-05, 4:41 PM #8
Whenever I've played as the 2nd player I've always just used it to piss off the person I'm playing with. Making them jump around the screen when they're trying to do something important is always fun... haha
yay for not posting much ever
2009-04-06, 7:38 AM #9
Yeah, I've done that, it's fun for about five minutes. But then you get to normal gaming and it's much more fun.
The cursor player gets to screw around with the enemies a lot more then merely just shooting star bits.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!