Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bioshock 2
Bioshock 2
2009-04-11, 7:10 AM #1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47807.html

Looks like there will be underwater sections now.
2009-04-11, 7:20 AM #2
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-04-11, 7:24 AM #3
Well, it seems decent.

Unlike, I dunno, Deus Ex 3.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-04-11, 7:50 AM #4
BIOSHOCK
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-04-11, 8:45 AM #5
Looks great. I loved the first one, so even if it was more of the same I'd be perfectly happy.
2009-04-11, 9:09 AM #6
As long as they learn from the last one (I've begun using the difference between Gears 1 and 2 as the perfect example of a genuinely improved sequel), this is bound to be a fantastic game.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-04-11, 12:08 PM #7
Gameplay looks just as boring as the last game.

I will probably play this new bioshock for the story alone. Then put it down and never play it again because it's a boring game.
2009-04-11, 12:09 PM #8
Quote:
I've begun using the difference between Gears 1 and 2 as the perfect example of a genuinely improved sequel

I know! Lets improve this car by knocking two cylinders off the engine and adding lots of chrome!

Also I'm usually inclined to disagree with Rob, but then I realize I played through Bioshock once. And haven't touched it since.
2009-04-11, 12:13 PM #9
SHIOBOK
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-04-11, 12:30 PM #10
Originally posted by JM:
I know! Lets improve this car by knocking two cylinders off the engine and adding lots of chrome!

To be honest, I haven't played it, but watching the reviews and previews for it, whether they were successful or not, their ideas were exactly the kinds of things I wish other games would improve upon. They were also the particular things I thought were highly lacking in the first game, which I did play.

Quote:
Also I'm usually inclined to disagree with Rob, but then I realize I played through Bioshock once. And haven't touched it since.

I'm also guilty here. I tried replaying it and didn't get very far in before I quit. The gameplay is standard shooter, and there's not a lot of replay value. More variety in skills, and more usefulness would've added a lot. A better variety of enemies would've been great too.

Bioshock-type story + Fallout 3 type gameplay + a better shooter = Awesome
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-04-11, 1:36 PM #11
DUOSHOCK
Originally posted by JediKirby:
(I've begun using the difference between Gears 1 and 2 as the perfect example of a genuinely improved sequel)

I've not played Gears 2 yet, but I hope you're right because honestly I don't see what all the fuss was about with the first.
nope.
2009-04-11, 2:33 PM #12
Bioshock was basically System Shock 2 but dumbed down for console tards. If they bring Bioshock 2 closer to the original formula, it will work.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-04-11, 2:42 PM #13
Which will never happen. I'll wait for Dues Ex 3.

Oh wait.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-11, 6:22 PM #14
A man chooses...A SLLLAVEE..OOBBEEYYS
2009-04-11, 8:14 PM #15
Drill baby drill

2009-04-11, 10:31 PM #16
this is what I hate about you game nerds, you're so obsessed with your games of caviar and wine hate anything that isn't that. take the damn delicious taco that bioshock is and LOVE IT

also, SHOTGUN BEES
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-04-11, 11:20 PM #17
:master:
"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!'... And I'll whisper 'No.' "
2009-04-12, 4:11 AM #18
Originally posted by Baconfish:
DUOSHOCK

I've not played Gears 2 yet, but I hope you're right because honestly I don't see what all the fuss was about with the first.

Eh, Gears 2 wasn't any better in my opinion.
Bioshock was at least fun and interesting most of the game through, I got sick of it near the end, but many other games *coughGears2cough* feel boring and repetitive much earlier on

EDIT: totally agree with genk.
Bioshock was far from the ultimate game, but it was fun while it lasted
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-04-12, 8:11 AM #19
No it wasn't. Bioshock was boring as piss.
2009-04-12, 10:48 AM #20
I found it difficult to play through BioShock a second time. A lot of the tension is gone once you know what to expect.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!