Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → There is a mouse in my living room.
There is a mouse in my living room.
2009-04-16, 7:36 PM #1
I hunted it for 90 minutes today. Somehow, it escaped - I'm not sure how.

We had it cornered under the couch. My roommate patrolled the area while I set up barricades which would (ideally) prevent it from having free reign over where it decides to go. When we shook the couch to scare him out, he darted - as anticipated. However, he managed to go off in an unanticipated direction, and then vanish into thin air. There is NOTHING on my floor right now, and he definitely isn't there.

We have some cheese laid out, and if any is gone in the morning we're going to continue the hunt.

Also, pro tip. By "hunt," I totally mean hunt. No shirt, bandana, flashlights tucked into my belt, and warpaint on. We were also communicating in hand gestures.

I will update this thread as the situation unfolds.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-04-16, 7:46 PM #2
i think you need to start fighting it with a shotgun, or filling the walls with water

>.>
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-04-16, 7:47 PM #3
I caught a mouse in my bedroom when I was a kid. Turned a shoebox upside-down and raised one end with a pencil. Tied a string around the pencil and put a cracker with peanut butter under the box.

Then I waited. Didn't take long for that big-eared bugger to come out and I caught him.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-04-16, 7:50 PM #4
video of the situation or it didn't happen.
2009-04-16, 8:08 PM #5
traps with peanut butter friend, trust me
2009-04-16, 8:36 PM #6
my rats love coco puffs, try that?
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-16, 8:39 PM #7
Obviously, his ninja-like mastery of parkour has kept him a step ahead of you :ninja:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-04-16, 8:39 PM #8
mice don't actually like cheese
2009-04-16, 8:39 PM #9
Originally posted by Couchman:
traps with peanut butter friend, trust me

this
2009-04-16, 8:48 PM #10
there are two rats in my living room...

I like them there.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-04-16, 8:58 PM #11
youre just jealous you don't have squirrels!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-04-16, 9:13 PM #12
I chased a mouse for around an hour in my house one day, I finally cornered it in a hole in the wall. Stuffed the hole with sytrofoam and went to Lowe's and got a non-lethal trap and loaded it with a piece of cheese. Went on a hike and came back to a caught mouse. I was actually surprised how quickly and well it worked.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-04-16, 9:53 PM #13
[http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/09/04/d_con_no_view_touch_mouse_trap_2ea_reviews_2643510_raw.jpg]

FTMFW.

2 days and my mice problems were taken care of.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-04-16, 9:55 PM #14
Eat it.

(Wait a minute, this response wasn't posted already? You need to keep up spe's memory for Oroku Saki's sake!)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-04-16, 10:49 PM #15
i had a mouse in my old place. what worked was putting sticky traps in the spaces between the walls and furniture, since mice like to run along the walls.
:master::master::master:
2009-04-16, 11:01 PM #16
Originally posted by mb:

you never even see the squirrels because they're trapped in your fat rolls.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-16, 11:08 PM #17
Originally posted by mb:

:neckbeard::neckbeard::awesome:
2009-04-16, 11:12 PM #18
Originally posted by andreawesome:
you never even see the squirrels because they're trapped in your fat rolls.

your jokes arent clever!

And Squirrel King :ninja: I had squirrels in the walls of my apartment upstate. Oh and IN my apartment sometimes
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-04-16, 11:28 PM #19
Had?
HAD!?!?
Did you kill my minions?!!?

(Totally irevelant [whats the word I'm looking for? that's spelled totally off] to my User Name, a place I used to work had chipmunk constumes. I didn't work in the "You are a total ***** and are going to dress up in this ridiculous costume for annoying 5 year old" department but I requested to do so on one day. It was fun.)
I hooked up with a chick trying to be silly going on a 5 year old ride on a tractor because of it too...(NO SHE WASNT %)
2009-04-16, 11:36 PM #20
The squirrls are all on islands.

But yeah. Just buy a standard mousetrap, set it along a wall, bait it with peanut butter or chocolate, go to bed, and witness the glorious carnage when you wake up in the morning.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-04-16, 11:54 PM #21
dont kill it.

trap it and put it in some jerks house instead

o.0
2009-04-17, 2:35 AM #22
What about your non-carnivorous fish, can't he hunt it?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-04-17, 5:46 AM #23
I think this video will have some good ideas.

nope.
2009-04-17, 7:07 AM #24
I think your mouse friend has an accomplice:

[http://americandigest.org/mousefrogr30606_600x400.jpg]

ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD and pal....
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!