Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I just got back from my first concert..
So I just got back from my first concert..
2009-04-18, 10:29 PM #1
(Non-Local .. I've been to a billion local shows..)

Disturbed. AWESOME SHOW.
Some OK people opened... one of them ripped off lamb off god and told us to do the wall of death (Which I got completely owned in.. somehow I got faced off with a bunch of 300 lb fat asses and like body builders..but I owned in the pits)

But once disturbed got on .. Hell yea.
They ended with an awesome drum solo that seemed to never end. (As they usually do).
Encore of Industructable and Sickness. David somehow like went from the stage to a raising pillar in the middle of the room. Not sure how the ef that happened but it was really cool.

I'm already making plans to see Korn with the same people I went to this with.

So post the concerts you've seen and are making plans to see.
2009-04-18, 11:10 PM #2
I just went to one for Newsboys tonight. They did pretty good, it was one of those college tours so I got in for free.
if you know any Newsboys songs, they played Breakfast about halfway through their set and in the middle of that the drumkit lifts up on pnuematics about 10 feet. then it tilts forward 90 degrees. and starts spinning.
D:
D:
D:
and the drummer drums on while smoke machines go off with some fun lighting happening. it was sweet
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-04-18, 11:34 PM #3
get down with that sickness :eng101:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-04-18, 11:34 PM #4
Quote:
I'm already making plans to see Korn with the same people I went to this with.

Don't get your hopes up for that one. No head? No david? I wouldn't waste my money.

Seeing Rose Funeral tomorrow night. That should be epic.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-04-18, 11:53 PM #5
I heard from a friend that Disturbed was pretty sick gnarbuckle

My last concert I went to was Metallica in January, and that was pretty awesome
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-04-18, 11:55 PM #6
I'm going July 18th and 19th to Alpine Valley to see Dave Matthews Band. It's supposed to be one of the better venues to see the band play and will mark my 103rd and 104th shows respectively.

Not sure if there are any Minnesassians, Wisconsassians, or other north-midwest-sassians who might want to attend, but here's the deets.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=95474126040
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-04-18, 11:59 PM #7
i havent been to a show since october of 07 :(
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-19, 1:11 AM #8
I saw Disturbed live the summer of '05 I believe and they were amazing.. I'm not even a huge fan of them.. but they are a great live band.
2009-04-19, 1:49 AM #9
The first big concert I went to was Disturbed, Godsmack and Stone Temple Pilots. It was awesome. I've seen Disturbed a couple of time since then. Saw STP again this past summer.

I saw Offspring and Cypress Hill. Odd combo, but it kicked ***.

I saw Deltron perform at Cal for free one day on campus. Kind of random, but it was sweet. I also saw the Violent Femmes at a free concert as well.

I've seen Staind a couple of times over the years.

I won free Guns 'n Roses tickets a for the last big tour they did.

There are others, but I don't care to remember right now.
Pissed Off?
2009-04-19, 2:08 AM #10
Just got back from my friend's show - SWaMP

This spring/summer should be another good one for music. Phish at Alpine Valley June 20th and 21st. Probably end up at Lollapalooza again, Animal Collective and Mogwai coming up, of course Summerfest in Milwaukee.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-04-19, 2:10 AM #11
Originally posted by Yecti:
Dave Matthews Band.

:)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-04-19, 2:12 AM #12
Latest concert I've been to was Jean-Michel Jarre's Oxygene 30th Anniversary Tour gig at Stockholm on April 4th 2008.

The next concert I'm gonna attend for sure is... Jean-Michel Jarre's World Arena Tour gig at Helsinki on May 16th 2009.

Hum.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-04-19, 2:24 AM #13
I saw Keane last Thursday and Snow Patrol the Thursday before that. Snow Patrol were good but Keane were nothing short of brilliant.

Almost exactly 5 years ago I went to a Keane & Snow Patrol double bill back before either of them were remotely big in Australia. They seem to tour at the same times, it's weird.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2009-04-19, 7:10 AM #14
Haven't been to a gig in a while.

Best thing I've ever seen was Rage Against The Machine. <3
nope.
2009-04-19, 8:21 AM #15
I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra back in December, that was :awesome:
2009-04-19, 8:27 AM #16
Went to a battle of the bands on friday that was okay. Last real show I went to was RX Bandits in August.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-04-19, 8:35 AM #17
I haven't gone to a concert since Pantera was still around. I'm just too old for all of the jumping around & pushing one another stuff that seemed so great when I was younger.
? :)
2009-04-19, 9:03 AM #18
My first real concert was also Disturbed when they came here back in February.
2009-04-19, 9:27 AM #19
My first real concert was Snapcase and Finch. I guess at that time, Snapcase were on the way out (i think the broke up shortly after) and Finch were the new thing. Finch were sweet
2009-04-19, 9:28 AM #20
Originally posted by Onimusha:
Don't get your hopes up for that one. No head? No david? I wouldn't waste my money.

Seeing Rose Funeral tomorrow night. That should be epic.

$25 isn't really wasting...
2009-04-19, 9:43 AM #21
Last concert I went to was Herman Dune and Jolie Holland in Lawrence. Didn't stick around for Jolie though, didn't really know her. Just went to see Ya Ya.
2009-04-19, 10:25 AM #22
Originally posted by genk:
I just went to one for Newsboys tonight. They did pretty good, it was one of those college tours so I got in for free.
if you know any Newsboys songs, they played Breakfast about halfway through their set and in the middle of that the drumkit lifts up on pnuematics about 10 feet. then it tilts forward 90 degrees. and starts spinning.
D:
D:
D:
and the drummer drums on while smoke machines go off with some fun lighting happening. it was sweet

The Newsboys are still playing? Take Me To Your Leader was one of my favorite albums as a kid.

Sadly they had pretty much nothing good after that. :gonk:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-04-19, 10:31 AM #23
Never been to a concert, never even a local show. But that latter is just because around here, the only music scene that exists (and even it barely exists) is a ****ty screamo scene that a bunch of middle school girls like to go to.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2009-04-19, 10:39 AM #24
Last show I went to was a Bad Religion show about a year or so ago. Seeing as how I live so close to New Jersey, I probably should make more of an effort to go see Streetlight Manifesto or Bigwig.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2009-04-19, 10:51 AM #25
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
The Newsboys are still playing? Take Me To Your Leader was one of my favorite albums as a kid.

Sadly they had pretty much nothing good after that. :gonk:

I'm looking at that cd right now. :awesome:

I guess the last concert I went to was Kelly Pickler a couple of years ago. I only went to that because a band I was in was the opening act. Her manager freaked because we were drinking "her" water. She had nearly 15 bottles of the stuff. It's not like she was going to drink it all.

Anyway, concert tickets are getting too blooming expensive for me.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-04-19, 10:57 AM #26
Last gig I want to was Paul Gilbert, it was dull. Before that I went to The Mars Volta, Oh my god I've never been more bored in my life. Before that I saw my friend's band a bunch of times, they were supporting Power Quest and Pagan's Mind, those were good gigs. Before that I saw Sonata Arctica which remains the best gig I've seen.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-04-19, 11:00 AM #27
last non local concert i went to was godsmack in 2001 it was pretty good

haven't been to a local show in a while because the local music scene has been dominated by emo...

we used to have decent punk and metal bands... it makes me want to slit the emo kid's wrists for them
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-04-19, 11:00 AM #28
Originally posted by Malus:
I probably should make more of an effort to go see Streetlight Manifesto or Bigwig.

Uh yes. I saw streetlight at the Stone Pony a while ago. Shady town, awesome show.

Detty - I could imagine how dull that would be. The Mars Volta are incredibly overrated.
2009-04-19, 11:17 AM #29
Emo .. ewww.

We got a great local scene here. No emo ..
2009-04-19, 11:33 AM #30
Originally posted by mb:
Uh yes. I saw streetlight at the Stone Pony a while ago. Shady town, awesome show.

Detty - I could imagine how dull that would be. The Mars Volta are incredibly overrated.

I have seen The Mars Volta twice now, first time was better, (Theodore on drums) Second time was with Pridgen on the drums. I honestly think the drumming was the major difference and made the first show more enjoyable. Thing's just seemed more groovy with Theodore.

I will agree that they are mostly over rated live, but I will keep buying their records.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-04-19, 11:33 AM #31
it is so incredibly hard to resist posting a thread about getting back from my first contact and including a photo of a vulcan
2009-04-19, 11:50 AM #32
Do it.
2009-04-19, 11:52 AM #33
KoRn started to suck like 8 years ago, I don't even consider them a band I like anymore
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-04-19, 12:10 PM #34
I'm seeing Britney in june lol.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2009-04-19, 12:12 PM #35
yea, I have not listened to them in like 2 years. But for $25 it should be a good time.
2009-04-19, 1:34 PM #36
Originally posted by Oxyonagon:
I'm seeing Britney in june lol.

I thought you just bought those tickets to profit from selling them on.

:eng101:
nope.
2009-04-19, 1:52 PM #37
my first concert was NSYNC in the 4th grade...

then after that it was Yellowcard/Matchbook Romance/Acceptance/Maxeen
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-19, 2:24 PM #38
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I thought you just bought those tickets to profit from selling them on.

:eng101:

Yeah but I think I'm going to go with my friend instead because they never really took off. It will be fun probably.
2009-04-19, 2:25 PM #39
Don't think so - She mimes.

[Although I will admit some of the singles are damn catchy.]
nope.
2009-04-19, 2:30 PM #40
Maybe they'll have fireworks or some crap. I'm guessing since it's the "circus" tour they'll at least have some semi entertaining dancers/performers.

If not, bound to be lots of crazy people to amuse me.

↑ Up to the top!