Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Seriously...what the hell?
Seriously...what the hell?
2009-04-22, 10:18 PM #1
OK, so I'm taking a couple IT courses at a community college, and someone apparently created a facebook account with my school e-mail.

I just got 2 e-mails for randomguy@cox.ney saying "whoever this is no longer has access to their facebook account, I'd like to know who it is," and a second e-mail address "looks like some guy named Bill Peris took your e-mail address and used it for his random facebook account." I have know Idea who randomguy, or bill Peris are BUT...

Facebook has a 'reset your password' link. So I reset my school e-mail address's password on facebook, create a new PW, log in.

This individual, named Bill Peris, who was born in 1911, has 1 friend in my local area, and all this one friend's other 30 friends live in frickin COLUMBIA.

W ... T ... F ???
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-04-22, 10:25 PM #2
Sorry, It's just weird because I've been seeing these e-mails all day while I'm doing my SQL homework and this totally caught me off guard.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-04-22, 10:34 PM #3
Sounds like some kind of misleading junkmail thing.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-04-22, 10:34 PM #4
Verily, it is the end of days. :gonk:
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-22, 10:35 PM #5
dude, do you go to LACC?

2009-04-22, 10:48 PM #6
No, I go to a college in Orange County.

I'm not sure that it's a e-mail scam... I dunno. I logged into this dude's facebook page by putting my e-mail into facebook and saying "reset password."

Now I see his 1 friend who became his friend 1.5 months ago.

And pictures of her trips with her family to the grand canyon.

*confused*

Maybe this is some stalker/drug dealer/something weird I don't know. (don't laugh at me!)

His picture (or supposed picture) is uploaded into his photo album.
2009-04-22, 11:11 PM #7
wow man that is very creepy dude
(and citrus college came in mind when you said orange county >.> when its san bern >.>)
talk to facebook about it

2009-04-23, 12:13 AM #8
Something similar actually happened to me, except it was for some random-*** teenage (?) cyber social site with avatars that look like characters from Bratz or whatever.

I did the password reset thing and it was some 23 yr old guy from France. :huh:
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!