Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yawn.
Yawn.
2004-08-23, 3:03 AM #1
I didn't sleep tonight. I just stayed up reading, foruming, chatting, musicing, and eating. I one pretty much everything but sleeping. I'm not even tired! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-23, 3:07 AM #2
That's pretty much every night for me, though sometimes I'll just passout and sleep for twenty or so hours. Fun isn't it?

------------------
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-08-23, 3:09 AM #3
its annoying as hell when you try to sleep but all you can do is lie in incomfortable positions... after a few hours you're too pissed off to sleep anyway, i get it most nights.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-23, 3:10 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
its annoying as hell when you try to sleep but all you can do is lie in incomfortable positions... after a few hours you're too pissed off to sleep anyway, i get it most nights.
</font>

That's exactly what I've been going through. I think I need a new matress... or maybe if I started exercising it's be easier to fall asleep, too.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-23, 3:37 AM #5
I enjoy sleeping, but if I could survive without it, I wouldn't sleep at all.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-23, 6:00 AM #6
That happens to me every now and then. Regular exercise helped me a lot.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-23, 6:13 AM #7
I sleep on the floor because it's more comfortable than my damn mattress..

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-23, 6:44 AM #8
The damn Olympics wont let me sleep! Why must they tourture me so with one quality event after another? LET ME SLEEP, DAMMIT!!

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-23, 6:56 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr. Alias:
That's pretty much every night for me, though sometimes I'll just passout and sleep for twenty or so hours. Fun isn't it?

</font>

ditto.

------------------
What once was...
Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-23, 7:04 AM #10
I um...I have normal sleep patterns. I know I'm a minority around here, so I'll just go hide. >.<

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-23, 8:07 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:

</font>

ditto. been like that for several years now... so annoying

lol @ thrawn

------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-08-23, 8:29 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
I um...I have normal sleep patterns. I know I'm a minority around here, so I'll just go hide. >.<
</font>

Can I hide with you?

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-23, 9:21 AM #13
I have to sleep normally. My mom stands over me with an Iron... Taking away of PC privileges I guess, if I don’t. But I sleep pretty good anyway usually. I hope you guys have enough room for one more person.
2004-08-23, 9:51 AM #14
I normally stay up late. Although I talked to someone who reguarly works the graveyard shift. It takes time getting used to it. But I think I could pull it off.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-23, 10:06 AM #15
Well, I've been up since 10AM Sunday (27 hours) and I'm not tired yet. When do I simply collapse?

------------------
2004-08-23, 10:45 AM #16
wait till the 72 hour mark, thats always funny, you start to see things.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-23, 10:45 AM #17
Quote:
</font>

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-23, 11:05 AM #18
1) I hate sleeping.

2) I'm terrified of falling asleep sometimes - I've got no idea why, I guess it's like dying in a way.

3) I hate sleeping beyond a certain time on holidays but always do.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-23, 11:32 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
1) I hate sleeping.

2) I'm terrified of falling asleep sometimes - I've got no idea why, I guess it's like dying in a way.

3) I hate sleeping beyond a certain time on holidays but always do.

</font>

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-23, 12:27 PM #20
I went to bed last night in my bed, woke up in my dad's Porsche. God knows where I went. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
crap happens...
2004-08-23, 1:32 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
</font>

So what if you actually DO die while you are asleep? (i.e. not physically die, but your "self" disappears and is replaced by a different "self")... how would anyone tell? More importantly, how would YOU tell the difference?

------------------
"The interesting thing about video games is the way you can take about 50 shotgun blasts to the head and be instantly healed by a little white box with a cross on it."
Stuff
2004-08-23, 1:33 PM #22
Quote:
</font>

Same here.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-23, 1:54 PM #23
I havent slept in 2 days now. I was gonna sleep last night, but I decided to play FFXI through the night instead.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-08-23, 2:45 PM #24
You guys can't be human...how are you able to function after staying awake straight for 27+ hours?
2004-08-23, 2:54 PM #25
Usually I get 6-7 hours of sleep a night (I stay up until around midnight) but during shows I'm up until 3-4 in the morning because of them.

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-23, 2:57 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyle90:
So what if you actually DO die while you are asleep? (i.e. not physically die, but your "self" disappears and is replaced by a different "self")... how would anyone tell? More importantly, how would YOU tell the difference?</font>

"It’s called a changeover. You go to sleep, and the audience doesn’t know the difference."

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-24, 1:52 AM #27
I've botched my sleep patterns. I'm finding it harder and harder to get to sleep before three and wake up before 8 and stay up.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-24, 6:33 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by - Tony -:
I've botched my sleep patterns. I'm finding it harder and harder to get to sleep before three and wake up before 8 and stay up.

</font>

Yeah I'm pretty much the same way. For a while I was sleeping good, now I'm back to my "bad habits" as my parents call it.

Regardless I guess they've become sick of it. They have decided to take away my laptop (which in essence is their's) and give it to my uncle in Tampa.

I'm not sure if today or tommorrow is my last day. I was actually really pissed off when I found out. Oh well just gives me more motive to save up and go out and buy my own. That way they cant take away my comp.

Thing is I'll probably still have weird sleeping habits you know. I mean I could always read before bed but I prefer to read during the day to relax, and if I dont go out at night I like to be online. Eases the stress of whatever is going on.

Hm o well, my parents claim i'm "addicted to the computer" and that I need to get away from it and not go on. Seriously this is one of the arguments I always have with them.

Eh o well, soon no comp, and probably still weird sleeping habits, I guess that's just how my life goes...

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you...Come on!

"Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans..."
"Too bad stupidity doesn't actually kill"

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**

↑ Up to the top!