Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you like punk rock
If you like punk rock
2009-04-25, 11:12 PM #1
even just a little, and haven't heard NOFX's latest album Coaster, you should.

It's a solid album. I think it's probably one of their best in years.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-04-26, 3:34 AM #2
NOFX has a new album?

Thanks for the heads up!

That's definitely one I will check out.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-04-26, 10:08 AM #3
That seems to be the response everyone has. lol
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-04-26, 11:01 AM #4
yeah its pretty good. i got it the other day.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-26, 11:10 AM #5
never heard of the band...
"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!'... And I'll whisper 'No.' "
2009-04-26, 11:23 AM #6
I'll have to check that out when I get the chance.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-04-26, 11:50 AM #7
I bet MxPx will release a new one soon too now.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-04-26, 1:04 PM #8
NOFX's albums are usually pretty good, but lately seem to be politically charged to the point of annoyance (note that the last album of theirs I bought was So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes and the last one I listened to was The War on Errorism). However, they kind of suck live (in stark contrast to a lot of other punk rock bands).
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2009-04-26, 1:27 PM #9
Originally posted by Malus:
NOFX's albums are usually pretty good, but lately seem to be politically charged to the point of annoyance (note that the last album of theirs I bought was So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes and the last one I listened to was The War on Errorism). However, they kind of suck live (in stark contrast to a lot of other punk rock bands).

This album is politically charged, for sure. But after they did The Decline they've gotten a lot of it out of their system. This is much more a return to the Ribbed days with comedic punk rock and fun melodies. :D
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-04-26, 1:28 PM #10
Punk died in 1978.
nope.
2009-04-26, 4:07 PM #11
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Punk died in 1978.

your mom
D E A T H
2009-04-26, 4:25 PM #12
I'll have to check it out! didn't know they were even still making music (though i kind of stopped listening to them years ago.)

Oh and I'm going to cross post this as, I posted it in the music forum months ago and nobody ever looks at it. Check this band out if you like Punk, they're pretty damn good: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=53616
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2009-04-26, 6:46 PM #13
Dead Kennedy's are really the only punk band I listen to, but I hear good things about NOFX from my friend
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!