Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ubuntu help?
ubuntu help?
2009-04-26, 10:16 AM #1
Trying out 9.04 on my laptop (Dell xps m1530) and I'm having trouble with the wireless, and with shutting down/rebooting.

The wireless will stop working, even though it says it's still connected, and this is in kern.log:

Code:
iwlagn: Microcode SW error detected.  Restarting 0x82000000.
iwlagn: Can't stop Rx DMA.
iwlagn: MAC is in deep sleep!
iwlagn: No space for Tx
iwlagn: Error sending SENSITIVITY_CMD: enqueue_hcmd failed: -28
iwlagn: SENSITIVITY_CMD failed

I can modprobe -r iwlgan && modprobe iwlagn and it will come back up, but it doesn't last.

Also when I shutdown or restart, it just comes to a white screen and stops. I hold the power button and it shuts down. Doesn't seem to complain when I boot it back up, but it's annoying.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-04-26, 12:42 PM #2
uh, i fixed it.

for those curious, i installed linux-backports-modules-jaunty-generic and restarted and everything is :awesome:
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-04-26, 1:36 PM #3
Well I was downloading an ISO to try on the extra computer I have, not anymore.
2009-04-26, 3:33 PM #4
You ruined it for him, NoESC.
2009-04-26, 5:26 PM #5
yeah, i mean i had a problem and had to type a whole single command in to fix it.

damn better ditch this **** os right now
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-04-26, 6:03 PM #6
I did the upgrade yesterday. It took forever because their servers were really slow. But I'm happy. There's not much difference; it boots faster, the sign-in is a bit different, but most importantly, my sound works all the time now. Previously, it would be random whether it worked, and I'd have to force-unload alsa and then re-modprobe my sound device to get the damn thing back. I was really close to just going back to debian because I never had problems with my sound card. Anyway, they appear to have fixed the sound issues which is nice.

(btw, I'm using xubuntu which is similar but instead of gnome you get xfce which is lighter and faster (but does less.)

↑ Up to the top!