Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Batch Add Timestamp to Photos
Batch Add Timestamp to Photos
2009-04-27, 8:43 AM #1
I'm looking for a freeware program or plug-in for GiMP that will get the creation time of the photo and add it to the image (I know, the opposite of what most people want). I've looked at IrfanView, but it doesn't seem to have the option. I'd like to be able to do a batch convert.

Any ideas?

I know photoshop can do it, but I'm looking for freeware alternative.

Thanks
2009-04-27, 8:46 AM #2
Hmm, I think PHP can do that sort of thing. There are libraries for manipulating images and reading EXIF data from JPEGs IIRC. Only problem is you'd have to install a webserver (like XAMPP) and code the PHP script yourself.

Irfanview can't put text on images. Check out XnView, it has a similar feature set to Irfanview. I dunno if it can put text on images either but you should look into it anyway.

2009-04-27, 9:58 AM #3
a quick google search found this:

http://dptnt.com/2009/04/how-to-add-date-time-stamp-to-jpeg-photos-using-free-software/
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-04-27, 12:48 PM #4
Originally posted by NoESC:

Yep, I found that one too, but had problems getting the batch file to work (even after modifying it to bypass the CHOICE command).

XnView worked great! Thanks ZZTer!

↑ Up to the top!