Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for XBL \ PSN
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for XBL \ PSN
2009-04-27, 8:58 PM #1
Is this awesome y / y?

http://kotaku.com/5230220/marvel-vs-capcom-2-confirmed-with-hd-online-support-demo-coming?skyline=true&s=i

Oh yeah, and martyn? Jep? It's f***ing on.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-04-27, 9:02 PM #2
i don't pay $15 for old *** fighting games i can buy for the original systems for less than $5
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-04-27, 9:51 PM #3
If you can find a copy of that game for dreamcast (or even Xbox / PS2) for $5, tell me where and when.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-04-28, 12:05 AM #4
I've never played MvsC2 before. I may well drop the pennies on it though :D
2009-04-28, 5:04 AM #5
No Unlockables?

:(
nope.
2009-04-28, 5:18 AM #6
I've never played it either but I may also drop my panties for it.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-04-28, 5:50 AM #7
Anyways, more of you boys need to get SSF2 High Def Remix :P
2009-04-28, 7:02 AM #8
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i don't pay $15 for old *** fighting games i can buy for the original systems for less than $5

You do know the cheapest you can find that game is usually 50 bucks right?

oh yeah and MVC2 ONLINE **** YEAH
D E A T H
2009-04-28, 7:07 AM #9
Awesome! I'm glad the characters will be unlocked. I never played enough to unlock them and I'm impatient :)
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2009-04-28, 7:16 AM #10
Originally posted by Martyn:
Anyways, more of you boys need to get SSF2 High Def Remix :P

I like SF4 better

But I havent played it in over a month
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-04-28, 8:17 AM #11
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
You do know the cheapest you can find that game is usually 50 bucks right?

on ebay maybe... ebay is where idiots with too much money get into bidding wars

i'm now on a quest to find this cheap
2009-04-28, 8:26 AM #12
Even if you can find it for less than $15, it still requires playing on an old system that a lot of people either may not have or may not want to bother hooking up. For $15 you get the ability to play it on your nice new console where you can use your wireless controllers and can play it in HD with graphics that have been enhanced to not look like *** on an HDTV. *shrug* It's worth it to me. $15 is nothing for a really good game.
2009-04-28, 8:48 AM #13
my dreamcast is hooked up 24/7
2009-04-28, 9:09 AM #14
It's weird really. Marvel vs Capcom just works yet DC vs. Mortal Kombat is "stupid."

It just clicks.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-28, 10:08 AM #15
No Vega though :(
2009-04-28, 10:30 AM #16
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
It's weird really. Marvel vs Capcom just works yet DC vs. Mortal Kombat is "stupid."

It just clicks.

Because MvC is so ridiculously over the top, unbalanced and ridiculous, it just works. It's fantastic to throw Venom, Captain America and Zangief into a 3-man combo that is about deliver a 48 hit combo, but is parried by Megman and Magneto, and countered with a massive electric blast by Storm.

Awesome game is awesome.
--Garrison Keillor
2009-04-28, 3:26 PM #17
Originally posted by Darth:
Even if you can find it for less than $15, it still requires playing on an old system that a lot of people either may not have or may not want to bother hooking up. For $15 you get the ability to play it on your nice new console where you can use your wireless controllers and can play it in HD with graphics that have been enhanced to not look like *** on an HDTV. *shrug* It's worth it to me. $15 is nothing for a really good game.

Don't forget online gameplay. It would be awesome if you can have a six player match with three against three.

I never had a chance to own this game, but I did play it a bit in the arcades. It was quite fun to say the least. Just to note, the demo will be available on 4/30 for us PS3 owners.
2009-04-28, 4:45 PM #18
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
on ebay maybe... ebay is where idiots with too much money get into bidding wars

i'm now on a quest to find this cheap

Haha, you never will, unless you're lucky and run by a copy in a yard sale (which almost never happens ever). Even gamestop charges 50-80 bucks used for it, because they know what it's worth. People drop 80 bucks on it every day.
D E A T H
2009-04-29, 4:05 PM #19
When this is released on Xbox somebody PLEASE post it here or PM me! I don't have internet to my Xbox (I tether my phone to my laptop), so I can't just search for it.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2009-04-30, 4:10 PM #20
Okay....360 owners, you're not missing out much on the demo. Guess what? The demo is local multiplayer only. So unless you have a friend to play with, the demo is hardly worth it. Online play is disabled too just to note.
2009-04-30, 4:53 PM #21
Originally posted by Crimson:
When this is released on Xbox somebody PLEASE post it here or PM me! I don't have internet to my Xbox (I tether my phone to my laptop), so I can't just search for it.

Subscribe to Major Nelson's blog via RSS, he posts about every new XBL item that's added, every day.
2009-04-30, 4:59 PM #22
Originally posted by Cloud:
Okay....360 owners, you're not missing out much on the demo. Guess what? The demo is local multiplayer only. So unless you have a friend to play with, the demo is hardly worth it. Online play is disabled too just to note.

That's a box of lame. Oh well, it'll be out soon.
--Garrison Keillor
2009-04-30, 11:49 PM #23
Ta for the head's up Cloud.

↑ Up to the top!