Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → One of the best covers of Stand By Me
One of the best covers of Stand By Me
2009-04-28, 2:44 PM #1
Performed by street musicians from all over the world. Compiled together in a virtual studio, this is amazing stuff.

http://gizmodo.com/5231112/best-video-ive-seen-today-will-make-you-smile
2009-04-28, 2:49 PM #2
Seems a little hard to believe, everyone was perfectly in sync with their tempo. It was definitely cool, I don't deny that, but it seems too fit together too perfectly to make sense that it was really random people.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-04-28, 2:55 PM #3
Seen it before and its still fantastic.

:D

In other news, it's called being an average musician and using a metronome. [Also they were all wearing headphones.]

:P
nope.
2009-04-28, 3:30 PM #4
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Seems a little hard to believe, everyone was perfectly in sync with their tempo. It was definitely cool, I don't deny that, but it seems too fit together too perfectly to make sense that it was really random people.

Have a read of the description next to the video.

I thought it was really good. Definitely a cool idea.
2009-04-28, 5:22 PM #5

It's edited.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-04-28, 5:34 PM #6
I've never heard this song before, but that's a very nice video. Thanks for posting!
幻術
2009-04-28, 5:44 PM #7
This is awesome.
"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!'... And I'll whisper 'No.' "
2009-04-28, 5:59 PM #8
http://www.playingforchange.com/ Is the official site.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-04-28, 7:16 PM #9
beautiful :D
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-29, 3:17 AM #10
That's awesome.

Reading is good:

Quote:
It all started with a base track—vocals and guitar—recorded on the streets of Santa Monica, California, by a street musician called Roger Ridley. The base track was then taken to New Orleans, Louisiana, where Grandpa Elliott—a blind singer from the French Quarter—added vocals and harmonica while listening to Ridley's base track on headphones. In the same city, Washboard Chaz's added some metal percussion to it.
Pissed Off?
2009-04-29, 5:37 AM #11
Anyone notice the album cover? It's like 20 homeless people and street performers- and Bono.
Think while it's still legal.
2009-04-29, 5:45 AM #12
That'd be because it has Love Rescue Me on it.

[My mistake - he sings something else with other folks, but one of his songs is covered on it too I guess. :P]
nope.
2009-04-29, 3:31 PM #13
I guess I'm a cold hearted *******.
2009-04-29, 3:42 PM #14
ew i would not put my sennheisers on a homeless guy.
2009-04-29, 6:34 PM #15
I highly doubt any of them are homeless, the "blind" guy is actually all an act (he can see fine, he just rolls his eyes way back) and the first singer, although now sadly passed away, had quite a successful music career judging from his website linked from the article.

awesome track :)
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2009-04-30, 4:18 AM #16
Nobody said they're homeless - They're buskers. :P
nope.

↑ Up to the top!