Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sun Burns!
Sun Burns!
2009-04-29, 1:15 PM #1
We've all had them I'm sure. However, this past week I went on a cruise, crossed the gulf of mexico and chilled in the Yucatan for a few days. I got BURNED. Now, what's wierd is they didn't so much hurt while it was red, but the peeling... :gonk:

Typically when I peel from sunburns its just like a micron thin film of skin comes off, but this... this burn is like corn flakes of skin. Okay, thats a bit exaggerated... but still flakes.

Anyone else ever had a burn so bad it flakes off?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-04-29, 1:42 PM #2
Yep.

I'm scottish.
nope.
2009-04-29, 3:31 PM #3
i use to get blisters on my nose and cheeks when i was little becsuse thats the only place id burn, and it was bad.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-29, 3:49 PM #4
oddly, i'm of scandinavian stock, but i barely even burn after spending a week in the sun in cancun...
2009-04-29, 3:55 PM #5
Never was stupid (I started to spell that stoopid >< that's what I get for not sleeping last night) to not bother with sun block because I'm pretty fair skinned.

The worst I ever got was a painters tan from working 3 months in the summer painting the sidding of a building. Back of me was tan, the front pale:XD:
2009-04-29, 3:58 PM #6
I've been sun burned a few times. Never worn sun block. I used to go the pool VERY often, and spend hours and hours there. I never put on anythign, I'd just sleep and try not to aggrivate the sun burns.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-04-29, 4:21 PM #7
I have had burns like that and they are BAD ones. Burns like that are what can cause skin cancer, so take care of yourself there.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2009-04-29, 4:45 PM #8
im like the palest hispanic in all of california.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-04-29, 4:49 PM #9
If you do get burned, try camomile on it or aftersun. Soothing is nice.
nope.
2009-04-29, 5:22 PM #10
I just slather on the aloe vera after a sun burn. I burn fairly easily, but I don't know that I've ever had legit semi-hard flakes coming off - maybe that one time when I was like 8 or 9 and accidentally fell asleep in the sun for a few hours, but I might have blocked it out
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2009-04-29, 5:34 PM #11
[http://bowjamesbow.ca/images/42.jpg]
nope.
2009-04-29, 6:03 PM #12
My face burns up really easily, aloe vera is a savior.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-04-29, 6:46 PM #13
Melanoma FTL
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-04-29, 7:13 PM #14
Baconfish: Doctor Who, Season 3 :D
2009-04-29, 7:27 PM #15
the sun is very much my enemy...

i have 2 colors, white and red, i can't get a tan i go straight to burn
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-04-29, 7:39 PM #16
It's pretty tough for me to truly BURN. Sometimes I get a bit red and tender if I spend all day unprotected in the sun, but I can't remember the last time I got such a bad burn that I peeled. Usually it goes from red one day to tan the next. So...I have an awful farmer's tan.
Warhead[97]
2009-04-29, 7:56 PM #17
Originally posted by sugarless:
Baconfish: Doctor Who, Season 3 :D

they have doctor who seasons 1 and 2 on netflix. i think i might start watching it.
2009-04-29, 8:07 PM #18
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
the sun is very much my enemy...

i have 2 colors, white and red, i can't get a tan i go straight to burn

In all fairness, you are the Prince of Darkness, so you're either the Rich White Man or summoning flames and imps. Tan might imply any number of things not usually associated with the forces of evil. :ninja:
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-04-29, 8:31 PM #19
Originally posted by andreawesome:
they have doctor who seasons 1 and 2 on netflix. i think i might start watching it.

you should. Some of the villains are from the 60's and 70's, so they can be corny, but after a while, that doesn't bother you anymore.
2009-04-29, 11:43 PM #20
Never.

Pretty much similar to BobTheMasher, I've once gotten very slightly red (nearly unnoticeable), probably because of my extended periods of time in my basement, the risk of getting them is most likely increasing.
2009-04-30, 12:00 PM #21
I don't burn too much unless I spend hours out in the sun. Another guy I know through climbing gets it pretty bad though. He decided to be all macho and shirtless while climbing in the Alps last summer and, well, see the results:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Recusant/the_sun_it_burns_us.jpg]
2009-04-30, 12:43 PM #22
omg thats disgusting.
2009-04-30, 2:24 PM #23
Fiver says he's british. :P
nope.
2009-04-30, 8:22 PM #24
Seriously, white people can't be out in the sun it seems.
\(='_'=)/
2009-04-30, 9:07 PM #25
Someone say side burns?

[http://www.styleburns.com/wolverine.jpg]

2009-04-30, 9:15 PM #26
Originally posted by silent_killa:
Seriously, white people can't be out in the sun it seems.

Exactly, that's why we are white.
2009-04-30, 9:25 PM #27
Bombay - that's what I keep reading whenever I see this title
2009-04-30, 10:05 PM #28
me too
2009-04-30, 10:42 PM #29
Originally posted by Vornskr:
oddly, i'm of scandinavian stock, but i barely even burn after spending a week in the sun in cancun...

thats cause the vikings used to threaten the sun with axs.

no more sunburns for scandinavians!

o.0
2009-05-01, 9:12 AM #30
I spent 4 hours in the sun this weekend and I've decided that a receding hairline sucks. I sunburned my scalp.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve

↑ Up to the top!