Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → McDonalds with the Olympics annoys me....
McDonalds with the Olympics annoys me....
2004-08-20, 4:48 AM #1
It simply annoys me. The Olympics is an event where athletes portray how people can push to their highest standards of themselves. An event where physical endurence and mental strengh are portrayed by the players. An occasion how people can face challenges to reach higher athletic goals and show how well the human body can perform. Under the five colored rings, the Olympics show the most of the best products of fitness and excellence in society.

And now here come McDonalds, the king of fast foods. Under the golden arches stands a business of greasy hamburger and extra-large fries. A company composed fattening products and unhealthy meals. And yet McDonalds continue to remain as "offical sponser" of the Olympic events (the fast-company boast that title many times.)

Well, I not saying McDonalds should be banned in the Olypics or any events like this. The company has the right to do that. After all, McDonalds gave a crapload of money (around 75 million dollars I think) to this occasion for support (and to boost their fast-food image internatioally too of course.) And I'm not surprised big companies have a handle on such big events. The idea just annoys me. []iAnyone else?[/i]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-20, 4:55 AM #2
don't Coke have olympic sponsorship also?

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-20, 4:55 AM #3
agreed, next time you go there, punch someone

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-20, 4:59 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:

</font>

Yes. But not to the extend as McDonalds (i think).

------------------

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
2004-08-20, 5:09 AM #5
This is why I try to ignore all forms of advertising... Except that Nike Tiger Woods ad where he juggled the ball with his sand wedge, that was cool.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-20, 5:11 AM #6
sounds like Echoman is pissed off. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Pissed off?

[This message has been edited by Darth Evad (edited August 20, 2004).]
2004-08-20, 5:11 AM #7
I always just change the channel during commercials.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-08-20, 7:00 AM #8
How dare you rebel against our corporate masters! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-20, 8:13 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
This is why I try to ignore all forms of advertising... Except that Nike Tiger Woods ad where he juggled the ball with his sand wedge, that was cool.

</font>

That comercial was cool because it was Tiger messing around on the set of another commerical he was shooting and someone turned on the camera.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-20, 6:14 PM #10
I don't know, there's been some funny commericals.

Budweiser with the 'four foot relay race'.

So damn funny, with the one team dropping the baton...great stuff.

When you think about it though, lots of the sponsers of NBC/The Olympics are not the best type stuff. *shrugs*

Like Phelps said on NBC tonight that tomorrow he intends to eat at McDonald's...

Just because they are athletes does not mean they are not human in their real life. McDonald's isn't saying in their ad's that the athletes got where they were by eating McD's. Just they are a sponsor.

It's all good, sponsorship help things work.
2004-08-20, 6:17 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:

</font>

Yes, but Coke is yummy and less fattening.

------------------
Uruk Hai 1: *sniffs*
Uruk Hai 2: What do you smell!?
Uruk Hai 1: MANFLESH!
Proud Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-08-21, 4:43 AM #12
Well, it's ironic anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-08-21, 9:07 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Yes, but Coke is yummy and less fattening.

</font>

Just full of sugar

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-21, 9:17 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Well, it's ironic anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]</font>

The worst is the part where it says that McDonalds is sendin a bunch of its employees to go work in MacDonalds in Athens...and it says "so our best can serve the world's best"...ya im sure alot of OLYMPIC ATHLETES will be eating a McDonalds.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-22, 3:13 PM #15
Isn't McDonalds the only resturant in the Athans Olympic area?

------------------

---------@%

2004-08-22, 3:17 PM #16
The only thing more ironic would be a cigarette company or makers of anabolic steroids sponsoring the olympics.. coming in at #3.. McDonalds!

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-22, 5:27 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Just full of sugar

</font>

And yummier and less fattening.

------------------
Uruk Hai 1: *sniffs*
Uruk Hai 2: What do you smell!?
Uruk Hai 1: MANFLESH!
Proud Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-08-24, 6:34 AM #18
What's wrong with any company sponsering the Olympics? Just because some people choose to mis-use products doesn't seem like a reason to be appalled at the company themselves.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-08-24, 7:15 AM #19
How do you "misuse" McDonalds burgers? By eating them?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-24, 7:18 AM #20
"Oh, but I didn't know that eating McDonalds for breakfast/lunch/dinner every day for five years would give me a heart attack!"

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"Sam and Max Hit the Road-sign. The one saying 'Stop'."
2004-08-24, 7:51 AM #21
I'm sorry, but...McDonald's sucks arse.

------------------
crap happens...
2004-08-24, 8:01 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
How do you "misuse" McDonalds burgers? By eating them?</font>

Well, I would agree in the sense that there is nothing at all wrong with people eating at McDonalds or them sponsering the Olympic despite the fact that some people decide to intake more calories than they expend (which could be considered misuse). That's a choice individuals make. Certainly not McDonalds.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-08-24, 8:19 AM #23
I must not have the attention span to notice such inane details such as who is sponsoring what.

------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 24, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-24, 8:44 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
How do you "misuse" McDonalds burgers? By eating them?</font>

If you eat too many of them, I suppose. Burgers are hardly the problem anyway. It's the fries.

------------------
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!