Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot 2011
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot 2011
2009-04-30, 7:33 AM #1
"Batman Begins style reboot"

Quote:
“The basic idea, as I understand it, is to do an all live action shoot, with actors and stuntmen in full Turtle suits,” said Laird. “To add expressiveness to the Turtles’ faces which would be difficult if not impossible to get with animatronics and/or puppetry, there would be ‘face replacement,’ with CGI Turtle faces superimposed on the live action performers’ heads.”

“This technology has been proven to be incredibly effective if done correctly,” added Laird. “Look at the character of Davey Jones in the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ movies, with his mass of writhing tentacles… an incredible effect.
2009-04-30, 7:46 AM #2
I really hope it'll be a big budget revival in the spirit of the first live-action movie.

It was the only good cinematic adaption of the comic, everything after it was crap.
2009-04-30, 7:48 AM #3
ugh.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-30, 7:59 AM #4
I liked the first one and the animated one. 2 & 3, not so much.
2009-04-30, 1:49 PM #5
I think TMNT, the 3d animated one, was a brilliant mash-up of the first live-action movie and the animated series. I'd enjoy seeing more like it, but this sounds cool too.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-04-30, 3:34 PM #6
I don't know, I think the Ninja Turtles should just be left alone. I feel like they died back in the 90's...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-04-30, 3:45 PM #7
Same could have been said for the Batman movies...
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-04-30, 4:22 PM #8
Well said Timewolf.

I'm personally all for it - if I don't like it, great. If I do like it, awesome.

I'm not going to pull the crap like people with the Star Wars era and "raping my childhood"

I was looking forward to a sequel to TMNT in the same style, but am open to this
2009-04-30, 4:39 PM #9
I thought this was a joke
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-04-30, 4:46 PM #10
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Well said Timewolf.

I'm personally all for it - if I don't like it, great. If I do like it, awesome.

I'm not going to pull the crap like people with the Star Wars era and "raping my childhood"

I was looking forward to a sequel to TMNT in the same style, but am open to this

Holy cow! Someone said something reasonable!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-04-30, 9:39 PM #11
You can hardly compare the original 3 TMNT movies to the original 3 Star Wars movies. And even if you did, the recent CGI one was a huge improvement which can't be said of the latest 3 Star Wars movies. At least not by anyone who has their head screwed on straight.
2009-04-30, 9:41 PM #12
now i want to watch the live action TMNT movies
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-04-30, 9:44 PM #13
By "Batman Begins" style im guessing they are going to try and be dark and gritty.
With turtles, that are mutants. Don't get me wrong, a guy who dresses as a bat is pretty cooky too, and that worked. but I don't have much faith in this.
2009-04-30, 9:46 PM #14
By "Batman Begins" they can also just mean cutting out all that cheesy, campy crap and focus on characters and story.
2009-04-30, 9:52 PM #15
Why would you cut out the cheese?
[http://www.saqibsaab.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/turtles_pizza.jpg]
2009-05-01, 7:48 AM #16
:awesome:
2009-05-01, 3:38 PM #17
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
By "Batman Begins" style im guessing they are going to try and be dark and gritty.
With turtles, that are mutants. Don't get me wrong, a guy who dresses as a bat is pretty cooky too, and that worked. but I don't have much faith in this.

I remember reading somewhere that the original comics were quite dark, gritty, and violent.
2009-05-01, 3:49 PM #18
Originally posted by Cloud:
I remember reading somewhere that the original comics were quite dark, gritty, and violent.

They really were. There's a manga that is pretty brutal too.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-05-02, 4:35 PM #19
How violent and bloody was it? Did it have dismemberment and the such?
2009-05-04, 12:07 AM #20
I would like to see a bunch of samples of said comic.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-05-04, 12:10 AM #21
i've read some of the original comics... back then i didn't like it because the ninja turtles i knew were the ninja turtles of the cartoon series and the comics were quite different
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!