Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → B/W Laser printer $250 range?
B/W Laser printer $250 range?
2009-05-04, 12:39 PM #1
I'm taking the advice from people on here about getting a laser printer for my home business. I print a ton of shipping labels....and that's it. I'm getting sick of having to buy ink cartridges every month.

The cheaper the better. Whats a good one? How many pages can I expect to print before I have to change the....whatever it is that laser printers use for "ink"?
2009-05-04, 1:02 PM #2
You don't need to spend anywhere near that amount. You can get a good laser printer for under $100 at any office store. Samsung's ML line is good.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-05-04, 1:11 PM #3
I spent $199 for my HP Color LaserJet 1250 a while back. You should be able to find a decent laserjet for under $100 these days.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-05-04, 4:19 PM #4
Originally posted by Emon:
You don't need to spend anywhere near that amount. You can get a good laser printer for under $100 at any office store. Samsung's ML line is good.

Yeah. My ML-1750 has kept going for a long while, and even then it was a hand-me-down for University from my parents. Haven't had to replace the toner, either.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-05-04, 7:04 PM #5
I bought a Brother HL-5170DN, which is a fairly cheap b&w laser printer with built-in automatic duplexing, a network connection (so you can hook it to your network and print to it from any computer), 21PPM, and awesome linux support. The toner cartridge is still original, and I believe I bought it ~4 years ago. I'm extremely happy with it. The only thing it sucks at is printing photos, which is expected for a b&w laser printer.
2009-05-04, 7:39 PM #6
My Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W was $50 after rebate- Staples Black Friday deal. I've replaced the toner once..have had it for over two years now, I think.
woot!
2009-05-06, 6:04 AM #7
We use Konica Minolta's here at work, we have four Magicolor 4650ENs, and while they print pretty nicely, they network like turds. Took us forever to get four to work on one machine, but just one works great so...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-05-07, 7:34 AM #8
shell shocker

http://www.newegg.com/special/shellshocker.aspx?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL050709&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL050709-_-MECH-_-EB2B-_-ShellShocker
2009-05-07, 7:41 AM #9
Thats a good deal, free shipping too, which is nice on a printer.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!