Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I will be up all night.
I will be up all night.
2009-05-04, 8:04 PM #1
I went to bed at 8:30am and got up at 8pm.

I'm going to rent a movie and cook steak. Who's with me?
woot!
2009-05-04, 8:11 PM #2
I took a long nap today because I didn't feel good .. I'll probably be up for a while . which sucks because I have a 8 am class tomorrow.
watching top gear ... ate leftovers (can of corn, bag of dehydrated mashed potatoes, and garlic teryiaki chicken)
2009-05-04, 8:13 PM #3
I went to bed at 3:00Am but for some reason I couldn't stay asleep and kept waking up every hour. I finally went to sleep at 6Am and woke up at 3:00Pm. I have a final to study for so I guess I'll be up studying and playing video games...

2009-05-04, 8:18 PM #4
Originally posted by BombayZeus:
I went to bed at 3:00Am but for some reason I couldn't stay asleep and kept waking up every hour. I finally went to sleep at 6Am and woke up at 3:00Pm. I have a final to study for so I guess I'll be up studying and playing video games...

I might play Ep2..bought the Orange Box a few days ago. Unfortunately my 4870 is teh b0rked..stuck with a 4650 now. .(
woot!
2009-05-04, 8:24 PM #5
Something about being a student throws your usual bed hours out the window. It's horrible, I wish I had the restraint to go to bed at reasonable times. And what happened to that delightful 6-7 hour sleep pattern I used to have? Now I do like 10-12 shockingly. I hear that's bad for you too.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2009-05-04, 8:30 PM #6
Originally posted by Oxyonagon:
Something about being a student throws your usual bed hours out the window. It's horrible, I wish I had the restraint to go to bed at reasonable times. And what happened to that delightful 6-7 hour sleep pattern I used to have? Now I do like 10-12 shockingly. I hear that's bad for you too.

Working 3rd shift doesn't help either. :P
woot!
2009-05-04, 9:15 PM #7
I'm going to be up all night writing my final paper, which I didn't start on, and it's due in the morning. :(
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-05-04, 9:19 PM #8
oh that's a good idea... I should start that .. but mine isn't due till 6pm.. I'll probably start it after my morning classes though..
2009-05-04, 9:22 PM #9
haha god you guys are in for a bumpy ****ing ride.
2009-05-04, 9:22 PM #10
So this is unhealthy:

I'm staying up all 24 hours again for homework, but this time it's more ritual. I like to be sleep deprived for speeches, as I tend to think less and just go with my instincts more.

This was enforced by that "pepped up" vs "sleepy" test Top Gear did, I think. The sleepy guy did way better than the amped up caffeinated guy.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-05-04, 9:59 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
So this is unhealthy:

I'm staying up all 24 hours again for homework, but this time it's more ritual. I like to be sleep deprived for speeches, as I tend to think less and just go with my instincts more.

This was enforced by that "pepped up" vs "sleepy" test Top Gear did, I think. The sleepy guy did way better than the amped up caffeinated guy.

When was that? I don't think I've seen that one yet..
woot!
2009-05-04, 10:02 PM #12
[http://kundor.org/pub/kbelldance.gif]
2009-05-04, 10:10 PM #13
Took me a while, but I figured out it was Brainiac:

ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-05-04, 10:27 PM #14
Yep, I'm also up all night working on a term paper, though I can probably go to bed sometime just after noon tomorrow. One paper left after this one, & I'm done with college for good. :awesome:
2009-05-04, 10:33 PM #15
Yeah i have a tough night too. Now that i'm off school for the next 4 months, I'm tearing my hair out how to allocate my time so I can have some fun. Its pretty stressful I might add.
\(='_'=)/
2009-05-04, 10:54 PM #16
I have to do a job I got last-minute w/ a deadline of tomorrow, which means I'll be up until I finish this =_=
一个大西瓜
2009-05-04, 11:14 PM #17
working on a paper and studying for a pair of finals tommorrow
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-05-05, 4:59 PM #18
Yeah so I was up til 5:30 working on aforementioned project
一个大西瓜
2009-05-05, 5:01 PM #19
I'm still here. I took a short nap (30min-ish) earlier...in the chat for my online class now.

woot.
woot!
2009-05-05, 5:15 PM #20
I'm still working on (now another portion) of the aforementioned project
一个大西瓜
2009-05-05, 5:49 PM #21
Online class... how you like that?
2009-05-05, 5:57 PM #22
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Online class... how you like that?

Meh.

Apparently the instructor has been doing it for a while. If this is the case, I think that it should be a lot more organized than it really is. It's tolerable...
woot!
2009-05-05, 6:01 PM #23
yea, I was tempted to try em out .. but I just didn't really see my self paying attention in my room in front of a computer screen..
And I just think it would be harder to learn that way even if my attention was at the screen. words convey more than text for me.

I had one teacher that put all his tests online ....
(300 person lecture)
Chat room was CRAZY. 300 people in a chat room. Haha. We wised up after the first exam and split into different groups.

how do the exams work? google? if I didn't know an answer I'd google it.
2009-05-05, 6:07 PM #24
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
yea, I was tempted to try em out .. but I just didn't really see my self paying attention in my room in front of a computer screen..
And I just think it would be harder to learn that way even if my attention was at the screen. words convey more than text for me.

I had one teacher that put all his tests online ....
(300 person lecture)
Chat room was CRAZY. 300 people in a chat room. Haha. We wised up after the first exam and split into different groups.

how do the exams work? google? if I didn't know an answer I'd google it.

No "exams", per se...it's a 'critical thinking' class, so we went through a workbook & I mailed my work in...had a couple essays, and now it's some "concept map" stuff.

As you can see, this is not relevant to my interests and I am looking forward to the end. :P
woot!
2009-05-05, 6:15 PM #25
Way to procrastinate, guys.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-05-05, 6:16 PM #26
Originally posted by Tracer:

I am all caught up, thankyouverymuch. :colbert:

Well, except for the assignment I just got. Meh.
woot!
2009-05-05, 6:31 PM #27

I have a whole semesters worth of homework to do tomorrow.
First day of class "The homework is all already assigned, and there is no due dates, but you must have them finished by the end of the semester"

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:
I ALSO have a take home test. (aka super hard) STUDY for the in class test of the same class. (aka a lot of time since I've missed the past two weeks) AND start and finish a presentation for the homework class. (easy)
2009-05-05, 7:34 PM #28

I know hell must be freezing over, but for once in my life this was not a result of me procrastinating but rather due to my company handing me a job on Sunday evening that's 'urgently due tuesday' and then not getting me the materials needed to complete the job until yesterday midnight.

I *JUST* finished phase II. bwah. Time for a break.
一个大西瓜
2009-05-05, 8:59 PM #29
Originally posted by genk:
working on a paper and studying for a pair of finals tommorrow

page and a half of this 20 pager done due tomorrow
Free Jin!
2009-05-05, 9:39 PM #30
Torts final on Friday. Normally this would be more time than I could possibly need, but I have to complete a 24-hour take-home exam in Constitutional Law sometime before then. (The other alternatives: Take it between Torts and Property, which is not an option because then I'd fail Property, or take it after Civil Procedure, which is even less an option because I'd miss the big end-of-finals party.)

Currently trying to decide how many hours I'd need to allow myself tomorrow if I want to finish the take-home without stopping to sleep. Having all of Friday to cram would be a big plus.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-05-06, 8:40 AM #31
at least its not jurisdiction. :suicide:
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-05-06, 9:13 AM #32
Nope. That'll be the 15th when I take Civ Pro. Subject matter jurisdiction, territorial jurisdiction, venue, choice of laws... kill me.
2009-05-06, 10:14 AM #33
Originally posted by genk:
page and a half of this 20 pager done due tomorrow

ahahahahahahaha DONE
well, done an hour and a half ago, i went and took a nap before my printmaking final in 45 minutes
Free Jin!
2009-05-07, 2:35 AM #34
I underestimated this exam and now I'm going to be up the rest of the night finishing it. I think I may have just set off a domino effect of awful.
2009-05-07, 2:36 AM #35
Poor McLongname.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-05-07, 10:08 AM #36
Serves you right for becoming a lawyer.

Please don't sue me.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-05-07, 10:23 AM #37
sorry duplicate
2009-05-07, 10:24 AM #38
holy **** am i glad that's done

Serves you right for becoming a lawyer.

Please don't sue me.

No, it's true. Everyone ought to know better than to put themselves through the first year of law school, but somehow I didn't.
2009-05-08, 2:45 AM #39
I can't really do the whole up all night thing that often, around 30 hours of being awake I start getting heart palpitations.

:(
nope.
2009-05-08, 3:06 AM #40
I'm still up and its around 3AM here.

Finals ftl

↑ Up to the top!