Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Has anyone tried to use a USB Wifi Adapter w/ a Realtek chipset in OSX and gotten it
Has anyone tried to use a USB Wifi Adapter w/ a Realtek chipset in OSX and gotten it
2009-05-05, 9:59 PM #1
to work with WPA2-PSK?
一个大西瓜
2009-05-05, 10:22 PM #2
Not I.
2009-05-05, 10:57 PM #3
I believe a few Netgear's use Realtek RTL8187L chipsets that work with OS X, but not sure about WPA2
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-05-05, 11:14 PM #4
Haha nvm

Hello from osx 86 !

WPA2 didn't work so I just switched to WPA. Meh.
一个大西瓜
2009-05-06, 12:02 AM #5
I'll spare the list of reasons why you won't keep it around for even one second after the novelty factor wears off.
2009-05-06, 12:33 AM #6
There are two reasons why I'm using it:

1) Per my previous thread, I needed to find something to do with my old laptop
2) I wanted to give OSX a fair trial to see if I'd want to get a Mac in the future
一个大西瓜
2009-05-06, 1:29 AM #7
I could probably google this, but -- does shift+del exist in osx? Or do I have to be forced to put things in the trash every single time and then empty

And why the hell isn't there a 'restore' function in the trash
一个大西瓜
2009-05-06, 1:49 AM #8
oh pshaw, it's not that inconvenient. just right click and then hit recy-

Er, I mean command+click.
2009-05-06, 1:52 AM #9
One thing you'll be surprised to learn about Macs is that most things that only require a single keystroke or click in Windows will now require multiple.

Like bringing up a context menu. Or in Windows if you want to skip to the end of a line you hit the End key, but in OSX you need to hit Command + Right. Forward-deletion is another thing.

But it's really easy to type accented characters. If it weren't you couldn't have such pretentious names as Exposé.
2009-05-06, 2:17 AM #10
Originally posted by Pommy:
I could probably google this, but -- does shift+del exist in osx? Or do I have to be forced to put things in the trash every single time and then empty

And why the hell isn't there a 'restore' function in the trash

I don't think there is, but if Finder is active you can empty the trash with command+shift+backspace I think.
2009-05-06, 5:31 AM #11
Originally posted by Jon`C:
One thing you'll be surprised to learn about Macs is that most things that only require a single keystroke or click in Windows will now require multiple.

Like bringing up a context menu. Or in Windows if you want to skip to the end of a line you hit the End key, but in OSX you need to hit Command + Right. Forward-deletion is another thing.

But it's really easy to type accented characters. If it weren't you couldn't have such pretentious names as Exposé.

The lack of support for the Home/End/PgUP/PgDown keys is probably one of the things I hate most about OS X.

I do like however how most of the other typical shortcuts only require the use of the command key. I don't have to worry about whether a certain command is on ctrl or alt.
2009-05-06, 7:13 AM #12
I have a love/hate relationship with my mac. I love hating it.
2009-05-06, 7:52 AM #13
Then.. why did you buy it?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-05-06, 9:16 AM #14
I actually had OSx86 running incredibly stable for a good month or two and was using it as my primary machine. Then I tried to enable QE and hosed the machine :(

2009-05-06, 9:39 AM #15
i've got a dell running osx just for itunes really. i like the iphone and ipod a lot, but itunes on windows willingly sucks several balls.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-05-06, 2:13 PM #16
surprisingly, everything on this toshiba runs great. Everything works. Even the two-finger scrolling (which is a little quirky, though).
一个大西瓜
2009-05-06, 2:22 PM #17
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Or in Windows if you want to skip to the end of a line you hit the End key, but in OSX you need to hit Command + Right. Forward-deletion is another thing.

Wow, thanks for telling me this. It was driving me nuts yesterday when I kept hitting Home/End and it went to the beginning/end of the file instead of the line.

Context menus aren't a problem for me because I have a right click button :P
一个大西瓜
2009-05-07, 1:57 AM #18
Is there any way to rebind app switcher (command-tab) to something else? I set "Ctrl" as command so now it's ctrl+tab instead of alt-tab which is 100x more annoying. There doesn't seem to be an option in the keyboard shortcuts menu :confused:
一个大西瓜
2009-05-07, 9:14 AM #19
http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/

Try using that app and see if it has any helpful things....

2009-05-08, 12:22 AM #20
Worked like a charm. Thanks buck.
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!