Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Firefox grr
Firefox grr
2009-05-05, 10:47 PM #1
Open up a web browser. Start typing in the google box on the top right. Half way into my typing the browser moves my cursor automatically (usually happens when the page has just finished loading) to a field within the web page itself and the last half of whatever I wanted to search ends up there. Often time I end up hitting enter and not realizing it. I sense some evil scheme to trick us into using search fields on our home pages instead of typing elsewhere.

Any way to fix this?
2009-05-05, 10:51 PM #2
I know this sounds silly but are you on a laptop? If so, maybe your hand just accidentally brushes against the touchpad.

2009-05-05, 10:56 PM #3
No. It's definitely some form of programming function that is moving the cursor to text fields in the web page content when the page finishes loading.
2009-05-05, 11:35 PM #4
Originally posted by BombayZeus:
I know this sounds silly but are you on a laptop? If so, maybe your hand just accidentally brushes against the touchpad.

Dont want to derail your thread Dash, but I hate when this happens. I'm not used to using my laptop, so whenever I do, I always have my finger just slightly hit the stupid touchpad and click somewhere else.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-05-05, 11:42 PM #5
No it's javascript on the websites that auto select on a text box.. it's annoying as hell
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-05-06, 6:45 AM #6
maybe just wait for the page to finish loading i dunno maybe
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-05-06, 7:08 AM #7
or hit Esc to cancel loading the page
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-05-06, 7:10 AM #8
after you start loading a page and you want to search before it's done loading, hit ctrl-t to bring up a new tab, and then go to the search box and start searching. Only the active tab can steal your cursor so if the active tab is blank it won't happen.

But yeah, that's annoying.
2009-05-06, 7:19 AM #9
This shouldn't happen, file a bug.

↑ Up to the top!