Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mmm Media Player and Javascript malfunction
Mmm Media Player and Javascript malfunction
2004-08-21, 3:56 AM #1
First Issue

Windows Media Player Simply crashes when it loads, giving an ok box "an internal application error has occured"

not really much i can think of, tried reinstalling the WMP9 series and it still did it O_o. SO maybe if someone could direct me to a way to uninstall it maybe that will help otherwise?

Err the next thing is i can't get java applets to load, basically just click and nothing happens err.... probably something in internet options...in advanced tab section got unclicked for some reason, maybe?

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.

[This message has been edited by TwistedSoul (edited August 21, 2004).]
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
2004-08-21, 4:00 AM #2
You should be able to uninstall WMP9 via the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-21, 4:01 AM #3
apparently not =(

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
2004-08-23, 11:43 AM #4
umm yea....no idea still....

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-23, 11:47 AM #5
yea and when i try to goto window update..nothing happens it's just a white page and says done...

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-23, 12:01 PM #6
Get media player classic, and quicktime/realalternative. Google a bit, they can't be hard to find.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"That's why we had to beat you with tennis rackets".
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-08-23, 12:04 PM #7
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-08-23, 12:05 PM #8
well...i have those but i dont like just neglecting errors and stuff... cause WMP is still the default player so some things just wont run cause it likes to default to the unworking one...on webpages and other things

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-23, 12:17 PM #9
for some reason my activex stuff is gone or i never installed it since last format, but windows update just like fails completely now....and i dont really know how to get them back cause windows keep redirecting me to windows update page to get them....grrr

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-24, 10:51 AM #10

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-24, 1:43 PM #11
what the hell, i have like serious issua, i cannot goto windows update, i try to open system restore and its just a blank window, i cant open a file search its also blank WHAT THE HELL....

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-24, 1:46 PM #12
well ill just follow the auto windows fix system, reformat... im going to the univeristy union hall and grabbing a Win XP pro for $5 easier than screwing around anymore

------------------
Quote:

2004-08-24, 2:21 PM #13
This thread -> Tech Forum.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage

↑ Up to the top!