Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Crisis of Credit, Visualized
The Crisis of Credit, Visualized
2009-05-10, 12:35 PM #1

A friend of mine showed this to me, and I was wondering what you all thought of it.

My own bias says that the video is oversimplified to the extent of distorting details, and that it is poor as a true of the events that transpired. Mainly because the discussion of the housing bubble is non existent, and the premise seems to be that the ever increasing price of housing was unrelated to subprimes being given out.

It is a pretty old video (about two months), but I wasn't able to find it through searching the forums, so forgive me if this is "old news" to all of you.
2009-05-10, 12:58 PM #2
"The premise seems to be that the ever increasing price of housing was unrelated to subprimes being given out."

Actually the video says that the increasing house prices (bubble) were the reason for subprime mortgages, because the banks could afford more risk.

Good video though. A little simple, but it's explained it better than anything else I've seen.

↑ Up to the top!