Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → KotR
KotR
2009-05-10, 11:48 PM #1
Is there any way to get this game to not run like **** after extended periods of play?

My pc can more then handle it, and has been running it perfectly on max settings. Alas, sometimes I get the most godawful framerate issues at random. Sometimes its cleared up by switching the resolution and switching it back, other times its just unplayable. Lowering things just makes it worse. I've read this is a rather common problem with the game, any of you find a solution for it?
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-05-11, 7:16 AM #2
Knights of the Republic!
2009-05-11, 7:34 AM #3
Sounds like you have a random program munching up CPU. Keep Task Manager running and keep an eye on CPU usage.

2009-05-11, 7:38 AM #4
which Kotor is it? I had a similar problem in KotOR 2 because of the video card I had. I would assume that new drivers would fix that problem
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-05-11, 8:07 AM #5
In KotOR 2 I got insane lag at Dantooine, but I had to go to the video options and pretty much change something and change it back and then return ingame and the lag was gone.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-05-11, 9:06 AM #6
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
In KotOR 2 I got insane lag at Dantooine,

i had this exact same thing.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-05-11, 9:11 AM #7
Wow what a quotation
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-05-11, 10:25 AM #8
Quote:
but I had to go to the video options and pretty much change something and change it back and then return ingame and the lag was gone.

This is exactly what I have to do, except sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Its Kotor 1. I've got the latest drivers for my card and no programs are running in the background. Its purely the game acting up.
-Martyn
2009-05-11, 2:10 PM #9
I don't know if the latest nvidia drivers are any good now but I had a load of hassle with them in relation to pretty much all 3D stuff a while ago. I rolled back to my older drivers and it's been ok since then.

Might be worth looking into, just google your driver details and Kotor and you should find some things if it IS an issue.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2009-05-11, 2:14 PM #10
Kotor 1 and 2 have always been known as incredibly buggy.
2009-05-11, 3:38 PM #11
Well I guess I'll just live with changing the reso very time I enter a new area. On the other hand, whats a good/easy way to get some computer spikes? I've run dry. Specificially on Taris.
-Martyn

↑ Up to the top!