Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Guys Opinon
Guys Opinon
2004-08-23, 5:34 PM #1
Alright maybe it's a silly question but since this board is mostly men, what better place to get a guys opinon right?

Ok so do you all feel men prefer women with long hair, medium length hair, or short hair?

I ask because for those of you who have seen my pictures you already know my hair is long but I'm highly contemplating cutting it

I tend to get mixed reactions from guys when I say I'm going to cut it. so what do you all think?

PS I'm just at a point where I'm just trying to start anew. Erase lots of things/people from my past. And I see a new start, would go good with a new look. I dont know, let me know what you all think

Thanks fellas [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you...Come on!

"Life Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans..."
"Too bad stupidity doesn't actually kill"

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-23, 5:36 PM #2
Doesn't matter as long as it isn't like...US Army short.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-23, 5:38 PM #3
Personally, black (or really dark hair) looks nice long. Maybe a bright, interesting color would work well with short?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-23, 5:39 PM #4
Medium or Long, no short.

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-08-23, 5:40 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:

</font>

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-23, 5:41 PM #6
Quote:

</font>

true

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-08-23, 5:42 PM #7
Quote:

</font>

noooo lol i'd NEVER do that. lol the only woman who i've ever seen pull that kinda short hair off is Demi Moore.

No the shortest would be to about my chin if not a little longer

------------------
Lets finish it then, let us be rid of it...I can't carry it for you Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you...Come on!

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-23, 5:43 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
Personally, black (or really dark hair) looks nice long. Maybe a bright, interesting color would work well with short?

</font>

Yeah my hair right now is a dark brown with blonde highlights (couldn't really see that in the pictures) and it's long

But if I do get it short, i'm thinking of going with a brownish red? Hm I'm just not sure

------------------

2004-08-23, 5:45 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Overlord:
Medium or Long, no short.

</font>

yeah my hair is already long so then that'd be to a medium.

What do you think just above the shoulders is alright?

Right now my hair is the length to where, when I have it down, it reaches to about the area of my bra strap, so it's kind of long

------------------

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 23, 2004).]

2004-08-23, 5:50 PM #10
I personally love long, silky hair on a girl. But, that's just my preference. It really doesn't make much of a difference..

------------------
What once was...
Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-23, 5:51 PM #11
Do you have a portrait picture of yourself? (head and shoulders only)

Different hairstyles fit different people. It's too hard to say based on the pictures I've seen.

Then again it also depends on the way you tend to dress. example; blonde hair matches red clothes, etc. Well, you're a girl, you probably know this stuff. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-23, 5:58 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Do you have a portrait picture of yourself? (head and shoulders only)

Different hairstyles fit different people. It's too hard to say based on the pictures I've seen.

Then again it also depends on the way you tend to dress. example; blonde hair matches red clothes, etc. Well, you're a girl, you probably know this stuff. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

this is closest I have to a portrait

(well best to show my hair at least to give some idea.

I'll try and find a better picture that might help more

------------------

"Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans..."

[This message has been edited by twisteduprising (edited August 23, 2004).]

2004-08-23, 6:01 PM #13
By that picture, I'd tend to say stick with long hair. But then again, it's really hard to tell.

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-23, 6:02 PM #14
What he said ^

------------------
2004-08-23, 6:06 PM #15
yeah I want something different though.

OK this sounds probably odd for you guys, but the hair dresser I had (Nelson) was giving me highlights and his vision was he wanted to get my hair to a "Carmen Electra" look, as far as the hair color and style went.

Well he's no longer working at the salon I go to and I'm bummed!

Basically he was going for a more caramel brown leaning towards blonde

Should I go lighter? Or do you all feel I should go into a deeper brown/red?

------------------

2004-08-23, 6:09 PM #16
Shave it all off, like Sinead O'Connor

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-23, 6:11 PM #17
Right, then she can visit Rossie O' Donald and start and family...

------------------
2004-08-23, 6:14 PM #18
Quote:
Right, then she can visit Rossie O' Donald and start and family...

</font>

yup fellas I think u are on to something..hm...wait...no actually you're not [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Well i'll probably cut it somewhat shorter, probably above the shoulders and go lighter, like was suggested

Thnx for the input guys

------------------

2004-08-23, 6:20 PM #19
My favorite length is somewhere in-between short and medium. Like, about to the shoulder, or something.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-23, 6:23 PM #20
Just above the shoulder ought to be fine

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-23, 6:23 PM #21
Medium, long and very long. And dark, yes.

/me loves his long and silky hair

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan

[This message has been edited by FastGamerr (edited August 23, 2004).]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-23, 6:27 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
My favorite length is somewhere in-between short and medium. Like, about to the shoulder, or something.

</font>

yeah i'll probably go for about medium length and just change the color probably

------------------

2004-08-23, 6:30 PM #23
If your hair is dark, it's really hard to go red without it looking weird, in my opinion. I see a whole lot of girls like that and the result looks totally unnatural and looks kind of ugly. I've always thought stripes of blonde highlights looked the best for dark hair, but of course, do whatever you want.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-23, 6:30 PM #24
Brunette and shoulder to 1/4 way down the back.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-23, 6:38 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
If your hair is dark, it's really hard to go red without it looking weird, in my opinion. I see a whole lot of girls like that and the result looks totally unnatural and looks kind of ugly. I've always thought stripes of blonde highlights looked the best for dark hair, but of course, do whatever you want.

</font>

yeah lol but then that just bums me out because it wont be a change lol

yeah maybe I should just stick to highlights and making it gradually lighter

------------------

2004-08-23, 6:40 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Brunette and shoulder to 1/4 way down the back.

</font>

I see your nick and i'm like oo Gandalf! I'm such a LOTR junkie lol, anyways cool nickname

------------------

2004-08-23, 6:42 PM #27
I like long. Very long, down past the shoulders is best for me.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-23, 6:55 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MBeggar:
Shave it all off, like Sinead O'Connor

</font>

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-23, 7:01 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I like long. Very long, down past the shoulders is best for me.

</font>

yeah it's just I feel like I need a change. I'll probably keep it at about my shoulders, go a little lighter and then just play with some different color hair extensions

I mean hey I have halloween coming up I can always buy a wig to do the crazy blue or something weird like that lol

I cant wait! I've got to buy my costume

------------------

2004-08-23, 8:28 PM #30
I feel that short hair works well on very, very few people. I'd suggest going no shorter than shoulder or neck.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-23, 8:35 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
I feel that short hair works well on very, very few people. I'd suggest going no shorter than shoulder or neck.

</font>

Actually in the past i've had a bob. about to my chin and everyone loved it on me. i didn't start growing out my hair till about 99' 00'.

Before that it was either short or med.

I had a friend suggest to get a bob and red, and then I asked this question on another board and a girl suggested maybe these looks (as far as hair color) they said red and black would look cool on me...

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Pure_Diamond/Others/ladyinblackkopio.gif]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Pure_Diamond/Others/redhair.jpg]

------------------

2004-08-23, 8:44 PM #32
Red & black would fit you, but I'm thinking you should go with a shorter cut if you dye it. Like shoulder-lenght at least.

Personally I've always been a fan of unnatural-looking red or blue hair. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-08-23, 8:44 PM #33
I've actually had a hair cut similar to this: [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/isis682/chaoschastity.jpg]

and everyone had loved it on me. Not the red mind you. I've never tried red, only with wigs joking around, but it did actually look good on me. Just dunno if my parents would flip.

------------------

2004-08-23, 8:47 PM #34
Did you have the sword and the leather outfit too? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-08-23, 8:47 PM #35
Quote:
Red & black would fit you, but I'm thinking you should go with a shorter cut if you dye it. Like shoulder-lenght at least.

Personally I've always been a fan of unnatural-looking red or blue hair. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

yeah i've always wanted to do that with a blue as well. reallyyy badly. I've tried on wigs and they look really good on me. The colors I mean.

I'm so tempted to do something along those lines lol

------------------

2004-08-23, 8:51 PM #36
After a short google, this is pretty much what I meant;

[http://hometown.aol.com/velvetxinaxkr1st/images/blue%20hair.jpg]

(found it off some satanist website [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif])

But if you keep it brown, might as well go with the 'au naturel' look and keep it long.

------------------
2004-08-23, 8:52 PM #37
Quote:
Did you have the sword and the leather outfit too? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

haha nope, but hey halloween is coming up! you never know! lol

I wasn't going to go that undressed, but my friend and I came up with the idea of the "mistresses of darkness" as our concept for halloween this year.

My sister suggested I get a whip, some tight pants or even shorts with fishnet stockings, and a corset top.

And I wanted the colors to be either black or a maroon red. just really rich and deep

------------------

2004-08-23, 9:34 PM #38
Yes I am a LotR fan...junkie..well I can read the Elvish writing so yeah I guess I am.

You might want to edit that last image. Last thing you want is an admin down your throat. Unpleasant.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-23, 9:47 PM #39
i like this color blue but definitely NOT this short

[http://www.hair-styles.net/young/large/y8.jpg]

the shortest i'd get it, would probably be the length in the drawing. and I know for a fact that length looks good on me

maybe this color red:

[http://www.hair-styles.net/young/large/y22.jpg]

with these lengths/styles (possibly)

[http://www.hair-styles.net/medium/large/m31.jpg]

[http://www.hair-styles.net/medium/large/m69.jpg]

[http://www.hair-styles.net/long/large/l67.jpg]

[http://www.hair-styles.net/classic/large/c26.jpg]

[http://www.hair-styles.net/classic/large/c64.jpg]

------------------

2004-08-23, 9:59 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Yes I am a LotR fan...junkie..well I can read the Elvish writing so yeah I guess I am.

You might want to edit that last image. Last thing you want is an admin down your throat. Unpleasant.

</font>

I was saying that I was a junkie. But I think that's bad@$$ that you can read elvish. Can you write is as well? I've wanted to learn it. I think it'd be cool to know [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------

↑ Up to the top!