Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Half Life Timeline
Half Life Timeline
2009-05-14, 2:48 PM #1
I've been playing through the HL series (and I'm on HL2: Ep2 for the first time) and thought it would be interesting to see how HL, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift overlap, so I made a timeline

Turns out, it's not so interesting.

Anyway, I mentioned some key events in each game, but as you'll see, Blue Shift is sorely lacking.

So look it over and throw out some suggestions for improvement.
Attachment: 21915/halflife timeline.jpg (117,910 bytes)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-05-14, 2:54 PM #2
It's not like there's debate about the timeline. It's pretty much abundantly clear. Plus you don't have HL2 stuff on there.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-05-14, 3:27 PM #3
Yeah, I only wanted to focus on the Black Mesa time period.
2009-05-14, 7:51 PM #4
You forgot Decay.

It starts at the same time as HL does. Freeman launches a rocket you use at the end. In Op4 you find the body of one of the protagonists in one of the Xen hidden areas. So I'd estimate it ends a bit before HL maybe?

You can download the fan-made PC port here: http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/

It's actually pretty good co-op but hopefully Sven-Coop will make their own port out of this. Friendly fire can get annoying when it is intentional.

2009-05-14, 8:12 PM #5
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
So I'd estimate it ends a bit before HL maybe?

"It" being Decay?

Thanks for the heads-up about it, btw. First I've heard about it.
2009-05-14, 9:24 PM #6
It's been done very well already.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-05-15, 3:34 PM #7
I fear we may never get the answers we so badly want
2009-05-15, 3:47 PM #8
Episode 3 has been said to be the end of Gordons story, and will fully explain Gman.
2009-05-15, 8:42 PM #9
I doubt it, Valve still would have to do HL3 after that.

2009-05-15, 8:46 PM #10
Valves devs have said that the episodes are half life 3.
2009-05-15, 9:02 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
It's been done very well already.

That doesn't have op4 or bs or decay on there. :psyduck:

And I was pretty sure the episodes were NOT HL3. Where did you see that?

Random internet search seems to support your theory. :(

http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/2007/12/12/half-life-3-world-exclusive/

This is from 2007, the "Episodes are HL3" stuff seems to come from 2006.

2009-05-15, 9:04 PM #12
I can't seem to find it, so I guess I can't back that claim up.
2009-05-15, 9:44 PM #13
Quote:
Eurogamer: So far you've announced three episodes - is that all? Any more planned beyond that?

Gabe Newell: There are three that are in this arc. There are three that are worked out, and those are the ones that we've been talking about so far.

Eurogamer: Why did you change the name from Aftermath? We liked the name.

Gabe Newell: Errr... I... I think that Aftermath was almost a temporary name. I always thought of it as Episodes One through Three because that's how we planned the products out. I think people thought we'd need a name for them, and Aftermath ended up being more confusing than helpful.

Probably a better name for it would have been Half Life 3: Episode One, but these three are what we're doing as our way of taking the next step forward, but Half-Life 2 was the name we used.

Erik Johnson: But we can't change the name 24 hours before release [smiles].

Gabe Newell: No, but what I'm saying is this is what we're trying instead of the large monolithic release. Let's take what we would ordinarily do and break it up into three pieces and see.
linky
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-05-15, 10:12 PM #14
Yeah that's the one from 2006 that I was talking about. 2007 > 2006.

↑ Up to the top!