Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → An odd story anyway...
An odd story anyway...
2004-08-24, 9:55 PM #1
I'm about to move into my second year of college, the dorms are 10-20 minutes from home.

I went on a trip to visit my friend in oregon, to get away from it all, I've been getting stressed out from stuff.

We visited mount saint helens, an awesome mountain, I got all sorts of pictures, I hiked around it for 2 hours, then turned back when the rain hit, with no supplies and no idea how long or far I was going, it was fun.

So My mom and dad say they went by mount saint helens after their wedding, they flew by it, and they were in a plane.
I remember my dad telling me stories about how when it went off, he could pick up like 5 inches of white ash from idaho, where he lived. Hearing this story for years sparks my interest in it for many a year, but I never really considered visiting it, I've never been to the Northwest really. (Southern california city boy more or less)

While in oregon my friend's dad mentions mt st helens and I say I'd like to visit it while I'm there. we visit, yada yada yada (it was amazing, but that's not what the story's about)

So my mom and I can't find the mt st helens pictures after her and my dad's wedding, but I skim through old wedding pictures which I doubt I have ever seen.

I see things I'd never expect, all my uncles and aunts at roughly my age, a scary thought, since they've always been older than me. But that doesn't get to me all that much. What gets to me is the picture of my 4 grandparents and my parents on their wedding day.

My grandfather on my mother's side was apparently someone she did not like, I've heard how he had been a tad abusive, and my mom wanted to keep away from him after she got married. I saw him once as a baby...and he died from...well I'm not sure what. Cancer?
My grandmother on my mother's side I remember vaguely, I was a child when she died, and I mostly remember she was very kind and nice, but it's mostly images of her, and her house in the winter that I can remember.

My grandfather on my father's side passed away about 5-10 years ago. I didn't get to see him that last time, because my parents thought it might be too scary for me. I was kinda mad about that. I only remember what my parents tell me about him and what vague things I remember about him. I remember small things like seeing batman with him, and the fact that he smoked...but not alot else. He was apparently a comedian, I remember looking up to him alot.

My grandmother on my father's side is still alive, she lives in the house my dad grew up in, and I see her from time to time, once every year or two. WHen I'm there we talk a little about what's going on with me, but she usually talks to my dad.

This picture was like almost overwhelming, I have never seen them all together. Usually a picure of one of them or two of my 4 grandparents is interesting, because I didn't know most of them, but this picture is like...wow. my parents getting married and my 4 grandparents. It's a crazy thing to comprehend. I've hardly had a "grandparents" experience, and I'm probably going to scan this into my computer once I get to the dorm and set everything up.

Anyway...I felt like blurting that out.

------------------
This signiture agrees completely with the previously posted signuture. To attempt copyright infringement upon this signiture is a violation of any copyright laws stated for the previously stated signiture. By acknowledging this signiture, you acknowledge the previous signiture.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!