Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What sport do you play?
What sport do you play?
2004-08-23, 9:37 PM #1
I'm an intermediate fencer, and a pretty good swimmer. What sport(s) do you play, or suck at but would like to play?

------------------
crap happens...
2004-08-23, 9:43 PM #2
I play Madden Football, ESPN NBA Basketball, All-Star Baseball, FIFA Soccer, and ESPN NHL Hockey.

------------------
Empty.
2004-08-23, 9:51 PM #3
Haha. I meant REAL sports. You knew that.:P

------------------
crap happens...
2004-08-23, 9:53 PM #4
I ride my bicycle whenever the climate permits it, and do Nordic Skiing (cross-country) during the excessively long, dark, depressing, cold and snowy part of the year known as Winter.

So, errr, nothing really competitive as much as getting a whole lot of excercise and fresh air.

Oh, and occasionaly I go golfing with my dad.

------------------
Worth a million in prizes, baby.

[This message has been edited by Daeron the Nerfherder (edited August 24, 2004).]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-08-23, 10:00 PM #5
ping pong

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-23, 10:02 PM #6
Ultimate frisbee

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-08-23, 10:11 PM #7
Rugby, but I'm also a pool coach for a girls team (hehe - they're better than 90% of blokes give them credit for), and funnily enough, next year I'm taking up Ultimate Frisbee, because the new pool team captain is a behatch, and probably won't take any of my advice.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-23, 10:12 PM #8
Track & Field.

400m (53.00)
800m (2:02.96)
1600m (4:40)

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-23, 10:22 PM #9
I played soccer, lacrosse, and swam in high school. I still play soccer regularly and lacrosse every now and then. I also play a little bit of pick-up basketball, softball, football and rugby.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-23, 10:56 PM #10
Used to swim but now I can't because of a health problem. Now I just jog and play airsoft.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-23, 11:34 PM #11
Basketball, when my goddamn back isn't acting up that is. So not for a few months.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-24, 12:18 AM #12
I'm a bonifide geek so that means I pretty much suck at all sports. The only sports that I'm somewhat ok but far from being good are volleyball and street hockey. My problem at sports is that I can't catch a ball thrown more than 5 feet or too high in the air, I throw like a girl, and I have really poor reflexes and no hand-eye coordination. Even if I could play sports well, I have no interest whatsoever in sports. Watching sports bores me and even playing a video game version of a sport bores me. Don't I just sound like a load of fun, eh?

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-24, 1:19 AM #13
I don't play sport because quite frankly I suck. But I am willing to break out the cricket bat on Boxing Day. There's nothing quite like playing backyard cricket half-wasted. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam

[This message has been edited by KegZ (edited August 24, 2004).]
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-08-24, 2:58 AM #14
I'll play a bit of football or cricket if it was offered, and I used to play rugby at school. I suck at all of them.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-24, 3:06 AM #15
The golf clubs never leave the boot of the car, and I've recently taken up archery.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-24, 3:13 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molgrew:
Ultimate frisbee

</font>

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-24, 4:08 AM #17
Golf, soccer, and paintball.
2004-08-24, 4:24 AM #18
I used to fence.. it was alot of fun, but lessons where too expensive to continue doing it. I really hope I can pick it up again sometime.

I also used to do Archery. But for some really screwed up reason, as the years went on I seemed to LOOSE my skill. First year was learning, I figured it all out. 2nd year I won 2nd place in a state tourney for my division, and also got all the qualifications I ever got (those ranks things.. like Bowman, etc, which was the last I got) for the next 2 years though, I got worse and worse. So I just gave it up.

I really hate playing the traditional organized sport, I prefer the casual play, Basketball and Football would by my favourite.
edit- oh, yea I wouldn't have called it a sport, but yea, Paintball! I'm a paintball freak... er.. was. I used to one of those guys with over a thousand dollars of equipment and into the tourney scene. Did pretty good, Probably average 2nd place on all the tourneys I've done.

[This message has been edited by Squirrel King (edited August 24, 2004).]
2004-08-24, 5:14 AM #19
"Catch the flying computer parts"... Basically, I grab a random component out of a customer's computer and throw it at a coworker...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-24, 5:15 AM #20
Anything with a racquet. (tennis, racquet ball..)

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-24, 6:11 AM #21
soccer

------------------
To Achieve You Must Believe....To Believe You Must Achieve.
2004-08-24, 6:12 AM #22
I hope people consider it a sport (please don't call it "extreme"), but I've been skateboarding for nearly four years.

------------------
l Space Colony Inc. l Phoenix Suburban City l Dereliction l Camp Marshall l
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-08-24, 6:20 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
ping pong

</font>

Me too.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-24, 6:34 AM #24
Basketball, Soccer and Judo

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-24, 6:35 AM #25
Russian roulette... I also used to attend a Bushido class, but students had a habit of just showing up rather than registering in advance, so the teacher stopped offering the classes at the college.

------------------
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-08-24, 7:31 AM #26
Ultimate Frisbee, for a couple of teams. I doubt i'll be seeing Martyn at any tourneys since Durham don't turn up to anything.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-24, 7:40 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
ping pong

</font>

Forgot about that one. I'm one of the best players in my house [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-24, 7:44 AM #28
Soccer, flag football, paintball and the king of recreational sports, Ultimate Frisbee. I've also done a bit of fencing and want to try and pick it up again in college this fall.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02

[This message has been edited by Michael MacFarlane (edited August 24, 2004).]
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-08-24, 8:40 AM #29
I kill people.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-08-24, 10:07 AM #30
I "play" football, basketball, table tennis, badminton. I don't do them all regularly though. I used to do fencing too for about a year - that was quite cool.

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-08-24, 10:18 AM #31
I don't like most sports, though I'm good at soccer apparently.

I'd like to try fencing and archery.

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.
I'm just a little boy.
2004-08-24, 10:23 AM #32
Heh. I'm an Intermediate fencer, and preety good swimmer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] Wierd.

[This message has been edited by Obi_Kwiet (edited August 24, 2004).]
2004-08-24, 10:32 AM #33
Beginning fencer, slightly above-average tennis player.
DO NOT WANT.
2004-08-24, 10:54 AM #34
Does karate count?

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-08-24, 10:56 AM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Ultimate Frisbee, for a couple of teams. I doubt i'll be seeing Martyn at any tourneys since Durham don't turn up to anything.</font>

If you play for your uni, and Durham are in your league next year - I'll not only turn up, I'll buy the beers.

FACT.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-24, 10:58 AM #36
Basketball, Football, Soccer, Baseball, Track, Ultimate Frisbee
I have participated in all of these competetivley.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-24, 11:30 AM #37
I used to swim a lot and practiced Judo till a couple of years ago. Now I just do rugby, kayaking and one heck of a lot mountain biking. I'm becoming a bit of an "outdoorsy" type of sportsman than a competitive one.

------------------
Fight like a Warlord
2004-08-24, 11:32 AM #38
Track and Tennis.

------------------
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
2004-08-24, 12:54 PM #39
Sports? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-08-24, 1:01 PM #40
gym.

↑ Up to the top!