Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Counter-Strike Source
Counter-Strike Source
2004-08-25, 6:21 AM #1
Anyone here have it? Im gonna go buy Counter-Strike Condition Zero just so I can play it. I think it looks AWESOME sorry to start something kidna HL2 related. But Also I have a question if anyone could help me figure this out. Do you have to own CZ for a while before you get Counter-Strike Source? Im trying to find out. Some of you think its probably stupid to buy Condition Zero just for Counter-Strike Source(CSS). BUT I LOVE online gaming. Anywwwaayyysss What are your expectations of CS2? I think it will rock.
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2004-08-25, 6:29 AM #2
before you go and be very dissapointed by the only level they give you, because its an exact remake of dust. they didnt add any more interacticity or special features (or even weapons) other than some objects that are affected by physics than the original.

now... im sure they have a lot of new ideas for the other maps, and prolly some really fun objectives for the other maps, but you wont be able to see that yet. i kinda wish they would have thrown in at least one non-orignal CS map so we can actually see what they've come up with, but its still fun anyways.

it pretty muh plays exactly like CS, just with higher polys models, better textures, etc.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-25, 6:32 AM #3
I have a question about CSS also whats the system requirements? *prays mine are good enough*
2004-08-25, 6:34 AM #4
http://www.steampowered.com/?area=css_b1#q6

What will the system requirements be for Counter-Strike: Source?

Min:
1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard

Preferred:
2.4 GHz ProcessorB 512MB RAM
DirectX 9 graphics card
Windows 2000/XP
Mouse
Keyboard

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-25, 6:37 AM #5
I've played it, it's decent.

------------------
What once was...
Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-25, 6:38 AM #6
Well I have a Ge Force 2 MX 100 I believe.... It sucks I know but I believe it will run it. Cause I have Direct X 9.0 hopefully my card is good enough and i have 1.60GHZ 256mb of ram Windows XP and... Of course a mouse and keyboard.
2004-08-25, 6:55 AM #7
Personally I'm going to adore CS:S. I'm such a fanboy/addictee of Counter Strike, that there's no chance I'll dislike CS:S.

I think lots of people are going to be heavily disappointed - such as Cazor. Valve has not mentioned any plans for new maps or objectives, quite the opposite, they are trying to keep it as much like Counter-Strike as possible.

[EDIT: As well as de_dust, I've also seen de_aztec and de_dust2(my personal favorite of all time) in action, and they look incredible.

CS is still the daddy of team-based competitive play, and so long as Valve ports all the standard CAL maps (aztec, dust2, dust, train, aztec2, mill, fire etc), so there's no reason for the hardcore CS players not to be delighted and switch over to source [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Connection Problem (edited August 25, 2004).]
2004-08-25, 7:00 AM #8
wait, I'm confused- is this the source code of the game or is it just the name?

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-25, 7:02 AM #9
Ah so you play CS? Me you will have to play one day do you have a messenger? My MSN is ninjaraidden@hotmail.com (yes im also a huge MGS fan) and my AIM is Laggyboy21. Add me if you have one. I have also seen other maps they look INCREDIBLE. But when they release CS for real sadly I dont think ill be able to play it because of my 3d Card. I cant get the money for a newer one. Which TOTALLY sucks because im such a CS addict.
2004-08-25, 7:03 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
wait, I'm confused- is this the source code of the game or is it just the name?

</font>

Its the game its CS on the HL2 engine.
2004-08-25, 7:04 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TDKLaguna:
Its the game its CS on the HL2 engine.</font>

aha.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-25, 7:40 AM #12
Add me on Steam if you like, mike19rocks@hotmail.com is the address for steam, nickname is dust

I play on phxx.net's servers mostly.
2004-08-25, 7:45 AM #13
you can also play the test hardware map. its up for download somewhere with spawnpoints.
if you switch teams while in the test map or die in the water, your body floats in the water.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-25, 7:49 AM #14
Friends is being a pain right now and wont sign in so... I guess ill have to wait anyways theres only 1 level eh? will they release new levels or no?

[EDIT]Got friends working added you[EDIT]

[This message has been edited by TDKLaguna (edited August 25, 2004).]
2004-08-25, 8:48 AM #15
Well is it possible for people to make custom maps for CSS ? If so that would be awesome not just being stuck with one level.
2004-08-25, 8:51 AM #16
it's just the beta right now... and if you are really determined to get CZ so you can lpay it go on ebay and just buy a CZ key it will cost less than buying CZ

i just wish it was available to anyone who wanted to try the beta

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-25, 11:42 AM #17
Any chance they'll do this for DoD?

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-25, 12:15 PM #18
HL, both it's expansions, TFC, CS, and DoD are all getting remade on the source engine

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-08-25, 12:24 PM #19
Source? (of information)
2004-08-25, 12:53 PM #20
just about any gaming news site

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-08-25, 1:33 PM #21
I hope they don't neglect the as maps.

I love as. I don't know whether CS 1.6 removed the others or what, but I can't seem to find any server that plays any as map other than as_oilrig. That's a decent map and all, but I sure liked that one with the house.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!