Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → mini bike
mini bike
2004-08-25, 9:02 AM #1
im building a mini bike and im looking for a place with cheap engines, really cheap. does anybody know any links.

this is the website, where a ordered the kit, its the 3rd one with the parts showing.

http://www.kartworld.com/gokarts-minibikes/Minibikes-SHOWROOM1.htm
2004-08-25, 9:10 AM #2
Your best bet is to go to your local lawnmower shop and see if they have an old edgers that they're willing to get rid of. You want and edger because the drive is on the side, unlike a lawnmower, which is on the bottom. If it's on the side, you can hook it up to a chain and you sprocket working the rea tire. If you can't find one at a lawnmower place, there are always old ones at yardsales or in local sales magazines. Another good place to look would be a local motorcycle repair shop (not a large Honda dealer or anything like that, more of a small Pop-and-Son joint). Have fun! Looking for parts and building them are almost as fun as riding them.

------------------
Empty.
2004-08-26, 8:39 AM #3
ya, i was thinking of a lawnmower shop, but i dont kno if they would give me the engine.

↑ Up to the top!