Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WHY, OH WHY (capslock)
WHY, OH WHY (capslock)
2009-06-21, 12:39 AM #1
Why is it that whenever something is going well in life, something always has to ruin it, or atleast ruin the damn pace....

As you know, I'm working on a webtv show on video game reviews and all that. So last week we worked on the set and got it about half way done. Gonna post pics, dun worry. So yesturday and today, we should have finished recording... but everything went to hell.

Yesturday, it started POURING RAIN. Flooded the set, broke the owners car down, got equipment wet. No damages, but its a mess to clean up.

Today, nobody showed up at the meeting, except me and the owner.

The microphones that we bought, are ****, that are barely functional. But oh well.

One of the cameras is still being repaired.

We still have not received our mixer, to connect all the mics.

I have been trying to format a computer since yesturday for capturing video from the consoles at the set, to no avail. I can't find the hard drive's drivers to install windows xp.

Just learned that the flat screen tv we were going to use for the consoles got stolen two weeks ago.

Still have not received the X-Box 360.

We're now delayed 3 weeks... we were going to release next saturday.

OMFG!

Ugh! Its been hell the last 48 hrs.

Anyhow.... here are the pics of the set, from last week, and pics of the flooding from outside the studio (was stranded in a spectator thing for about 3 hours until a car came and got us out.

Pics:

EDIT: I accidentally deleted the pic that shows the flooding directly outside the "studio", there were some cars stuck there. These pictures are after the rain, showing whats IN FRONT of the studio some 200m away. The reason why we werent in the studio when the rain hit was because none of us had the keys to the locks. :( The pictures from the studio on the inside were taking by someone else and their laptop.
Attachment: 22130/Picture0157.jpg (53,953 bytes)
Attachment: 22131/Foto-0003.jpg (89,223 bytes)
Attachment: 22132/Picture0158.jpg (72,994 bytes)
Attachment: 22133/Foto-0004.jpg (99,810 bytes)
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-06-21, 12:41 AM #2
That looks like the set of one of those beheading videos.
2009-06-21, 12:47 AM #3
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1013379']That looks like the set of one of those beheading videos.

We have to share time with the drug cartels.
2009-06-21, 1:05 AM #4
A million, billion stars for that quip.
2009-06-21, 1:31 AM #5

I pooped a little, omg.

Every time I scroll up it gets funnier. Oh man, what are those things on the walls? Are those for partitioning playrooms?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-06-21, 1:40 AM #6
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I pooped a little, omg.

Every time I scroll up it gets funnier. Oh man, what are those things on the walls? Are those for partitioning playrooms?

Portable "bases" for a paintball field. You can actually see, whats left of it" the paintball field in the pictures of the flooded area. The green cloth in the distance. The wind snapped a pole in half, ripped a whole side off, and the water ruined the wooden structures. Its summer ffs, why did we get a hurricane in summer?
2009-06-21, 2:59 AM #7
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Portable "bases" for a paintball field. You can actually see, whats left of it" the paintball field in the pictures of the flooded area. The green cloth in the distance. The wind snapped a pole in half, ripped a whole side off, and the water ruined the wooden structures. Its summer ffs, why did we get a hurricane in summer?

monsoons are sneaky bastards
2009-06-21, 3:11 AM #8
Quote:
I can't find the hard drive's drivers to install windows xp.
What, seriously?
2009-06-21, 6:06 AM #9
Mexic-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
nope.
2009-06-21, 6:29 AM #10
Originally posted by JM:
What, seriously?

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-06-21, 6:31 AM #11
I have a great idea. We can do a WebTV show. My friend has this great studio that he'll let us use. The only catch is that we have to stay outside. It's okay though, he's run an extension cord outdoors for us. It shouldn't be too bad, thes chain link backstop will shield us from the elements. Let's do this!
2009-06-21, 7:53 AM #12

I was thinking the EXACT same thing
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-06-21, 8:59 AM #13
Hey, I'm genuinely glad your cameras didn't get ruined, and I hope you can shoot again: But you really need a better set man. You could probably do something better at home. The most successful podcast on the internet is shot on a couch in a living room with two scoops and a prosumer camera.

It honestly seems like you're going about this the wrong way (trying to find drivers for a hd...). If you have content, shoot. It doesn't matter how good the video quality, or the lighting is. As long as you've got tolerable audio and good content: Shoot. You can tweak all of the ****ty things as you go, but if you don't have any content you don't have a show. Studio, paintball backdrop, and interesting locales are useless without something worth watching in the first place.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-06-21, 9:05 AM #14
Originally posted by JM:
What, seriously?

Haha! To be fair, he might mean for his hard drive controller. Non-native SATA controllers require drivers to be loaded at install time or slipstreamed into the install disc.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-06-21, 9:12 AM #15
[http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9956/sfgq.jpg]
2009-06-21, 9:12 AM #16
He also might be talking about harddrive cams, which is what I first thought when I read it last night. Those are a ***** to get working.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-06-21, 9:28 AM #17
[url]www.livejournal.com[/url]

2009-06-21, 9:28 AM #18
Originally posted by Uberslug:
[http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9956/sfgq.jpg]

if i laughed, does that mean i go to hell too?

2009-06-21, 11:56 AM #19
Originally posted by TheNewKid:
if i laughed, does that mean i go to hell too?

No we're fine - there's enough of us to kick up a fuss.
2009-06-21, 1:09 PM #20
great story would read again
:master::master::master:
2009-06-21, 2:20 PM #21
Originally posted by Uberslug:
img

I lol'd
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2009-06-21, 2:37 PM #22
Weird, this time you posted pics and everything, and I'm still not sure I believe you...
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-06-21, 4:37 PM #23
I fail to see why you need a studio to make video game reviews.
幻術
2009-06-21, 4:44 PM #24
Originally posted by Koobie:
I fail to see why you need a studio to make video game reviews.

cargo cult
2009-06-21, 4:52 PM #25
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
why did we get a hurricane in summer?

Seriously? Are you even a real Mexican?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-06-21, 5:00 PM #26
that mustache is really mascara
2009-06-21, 5:01 PM #27
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Seriously? Are you even a real Mexican?

Unless it is a hurricane of POVERTY.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-06-21, 6:12 PM #28
Originally posted by Jon`C:
cargo cult

I recently finished my anthropology class, and I seriously LoLed at this.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2009-06-21, 6:27 PM #29
Mexico FTL, I guess.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-06-21, 6:58 PM #30
How can you live in a country all your life... and not know the kind of weather you get?
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2009-06-21, 7:45 PM #31
Quote:
He also might be talking about harddrive cams, which is what I first thought when I read it last night. Those are a ***** to get working.
So he's installing XP... on a camera.
2009-06-21, 7:54 PM #32
oh, right... Yeah, why can't you install XP?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-06-21, 8:04 PM #33
because god wants you to fail.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-06-21, 8:28 PM #34
oh, right... Yeah, why can't you install XP?

I have no idea. I put the hard drive in another computer (its sata), and it won't detect it. I'm using the SATA and RAID drivers from the motherboard's website, and it still won't detect it. The hard drive is working, as I can boot it and I can go into windows and all, but I just can't detect it when I try it in another computer or installing windows. Some sort of protection thing?

The motherboard is a P4M80 - M4, the hard drive is an 80gb western digital. I don't know any thing else about it. Going to run everest on the system and get the model id on the hard drive.

EDIT:

Thats the best set we can get. All of our living rooms are smaller than a car, can't really place a camera and get everyone in the same shot. Going to ask the owner for a copy set of keys to the set.
2009-06-21, 8:33 PM #35
Make a real set, then. It's actually really fun. Cheap furniture, other goodwill crap, and some paint is all you need. The stacked paintball shields look retarded and will only distract people.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-06-21, 8:36 PM #36
The stacked paintball shields look retarded and will only distract people.

The Kirbs speaks the truth.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-06-21, 8:36 PM #37
Make a real set, then. It's actually really fun. Cheap furniture, other goodwill crap, and some paint is all you need. The stacked paintball shields look retarded and will only distract people.

Thats what I said. But he won't have it any other way. You see the owner, is also the owner of the paintball field. So he's forcing all his **** publicity into the show. I've already thought about just doing it without him. I mean, it'd be far easier in my own living room, just me, and two other guys. He also want to shove the same mexican **** thats shoved into every show that fails. Clowns, dressed up mascots, and semi hot girls that can't dance smiling in the background. I'm giving him one more week to reconsider and actually make this work right, and not ruin our reputation entirely.
2009-06-21, 10:56 PM #38
Just do it in your living room. You don't need an advertiser. Shoot in a few different locations, research different show formats, and shoot 5 shows. Edit them. Share them with a few people who can tell you what you've done wrong, and what you've done right.

Throw those 5 episodes away.

Then shoot 5 more, and repeat. Until the majority of people say "Awesome" then you won't have anything worth investing the time and money into advertising and new equipment.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-06-21, 11:48 PM #39
Originally posted by Jon`C:
cargo cult

:master:
2009-06-22, 12:15 AM #40
Just do it in your living room. You don't need an advertiser. Shoot in a few different locations, research different show formats, and shoot 5 shows. Edit them. Share them with a few people who can tell you what you've done wrong, and what you've done right.

Throw those 5 episodes away.

Then shoot 5 more, and repeat. Until the majority of people say "Awesome" then you won't have anything worth investing the time and money into advertising and new equipment.

Too reasonable.

↑ Up to the top!