Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ants... ants are everywhere....
ants... ants are everywhere....
2004-08-26, 8:55 AM #1
during the last few days, my house has been cursed with a plague of ants. The little b@stards are everywhere, and i must have gone through several cans of Raid just to hold them at bay.

how else can I stop these things? I have to keep my food in sealed bags or else they get in, and its starting to piss me off. I left a soda sitting on the counter, and when i came back 10 minutes later, there was a curtain of ants swarming towards it. it took 10 minutes to wipe them up, and i still probably have killed only half of that lot.

If I find the main ant nest, i'm totally going to take a nice big leak on it.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 26, 2004).]
2004-08-26, 8:57 AM #2
They will crawl up the stream of urine and harvest your w-*snipe* Use sugar and borax, always gets the little f***ers

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-26, 9:09 AM #3
**** the ****ing bastards if you ****ing have to....my friend was eaten by ants. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

Haha, j/k. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
crap happens...
2004-08-26, 9:13 AM #4
Try to find where they are entering the house, it might be a hole in the outer wall. If so they sell stuff to seal that up.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-26, 9:27 AM #5
There's also stuff you can spray along the outside of the house that will kill them. Those ant stakes work well to keep them away from, plus they take the posion back to the colony

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-26, 9:33 AM #6
Your only solution is obviously use your skills and seduce them. Then kick them out in the morning!

The ants will be gone and you won't reveal too much about yourself!
Those bees all have paws!
2004-08-26, 9:39 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yossarian:
Your only solution is obviously use your skills and seduce them. Then kick them out in the morning!

The ants will be gone and you won't reveal too much about yourself!
</font>

that might work, but the poison seems to be helping more in this situation... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-26, 9:42 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
There's also stuff you can spray along the outside of the house that will kill them. Those ant stakes work well to keep them away from, plus they take the posion back to the colony

</font>

tried that. These are uber-ants, didn't stop them a bit.

One way i wiped out half of the colonies around my place was when i sprayed malathion on the soil. It soaked through and killed the whole colony as it seeped through the ground.
the fumes from that got me a little bit high (followed by nausea) , so i don't know if I want to do that again anytime soon.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 26, 2004).]
2004-08-26, 9:48 AM #9
Bug Bomb!

------------------
What happens when you cast heal on the undead?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-08-26, 9:57 AM #10
Clean up your place. Don't drop food.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-26, 10:06 AM #11
O_o

------------------

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited August 26, 2004).]
2004-08-26, 10:06 AM #12
[http://img49.exs.cx/img49/951/pageandants.jpg]

------------------
Do not feed the oyster.
Do not fire!
2004-08-26, 10:10 AM #13
I just read what Yoss wrote and illustrated it. I thought it was funny.

------------------
Do not feed the oyster.
Do not fire!
2004-08-26, 10:55 AM #14
ever hear of those african ants that kill people? the way you die is suffercation cause they go in your lungs and eat away. they showed it on discovery. i saw a babie covered in them. i was so jelious.

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-26, 11:22 AM #15
Boiling water into the hole they come out from usually works.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"Sam and Max Hit the Road-sign. The one saying 'Stop'."
2004-08-26, 11:34 AM #16
I think Raid has this poison that attracts ants and doesn't kill them immediatly, but sticks to them and they carry it back to their nest. (Can't remember if it was Raid though) That stuff works in our garden pretty well.

------------------
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2004-08-26, 11:34 AM #17
Burn the grounds, salt the land, bomb with Raid bombs.

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-08-26, 11:35 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morpheus:
I think Raid has this poison that attracts ants and doesn't kill them immediatly, but sticks to them and they carry it back to their nest. (Can't remember if it was Raid though) That stuff works in our garden pretty well.

</font>

Wasn't that the flat, little, plastic "hut" thingy with poison in it?

------------------

---------@%

2004-08-26, 11:42 AM #19
No, it's this white powder stuff

------------------
2004-08-26, 1:07 PM #20
Dead ants = Hairspray + lighter.

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-26, 1:12 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LividDK27:
Boiling water into the hole they come out from usually works.

</font>

Here here. You can almost hear the little gits scream...

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-26, 1:19 PM #22
Okay, what you want to do is get several bromine or chlorine pellets for a pool. Grind this up, and put it in some sort of container, like a jar or something. Then, take a bunch of rubbing alcohol and dump it in. Now run, because pure halogen vapours are about to be produced. Kills things pretty effectively (I haven't tried it on ants though).

------------------
"The interesting thing about video games is the way you can take about 50 shotgun blasts to the head and be instantly healed by a little white box with a cross on it."
Stuff
2004-08-26, 1:37 PM #23
Find the nest and f***ing burn it until you've begun the apocalypse. Raze your house if you have to. Little bastards.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)Choice language warning!

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-26, 1:39 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyle90:
Okay, what you want to do is get several bromine or chlorine pellets for a pool. Grind this up, and put it in some sort of container, like a jar or something. Then, take a bunch of rubbing alcohol and dump it in. Now run, because pure halogen vapours are about to be produced. Kills things pretty effectively (I haven't tried it on ants though).

</font>

sounds cool enough, but would it be that effective in the open air?

Ammonia + bleach does the same thing.

------------------
2004-08-26, 1:43 PM #25
I'm rooting for the ants.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-26, 2:22 PM #26
/me waits for ant al to come in and call us all savages for killing poor defenceless ants

------------------
Bill What if these anti-violent-video game people were all killed by a fat italian plumber in a red hat jumping on them repeatedly. Wouldn't that be poetic justice in its purist form?
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-08-26, 2:42 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
/me waits for ant al to come in and call us all savages for killing poor defenceless ants

</font>

It was Spider Al.

[actually, I just got the joke.]

------------------

---------@%

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited August 26, 2004).]
2004-08-26, 2:49 PM #28
Am I the only one who thought of an exterminator? Your problem sounds a little far advanced for the usual home made treatments to me. But if you can't afford to hire one, a bug bomb should do the trick and then find the place(s) the ants are coming in and seal them with some kind of ant killer. There's a special product for sealing areas so ants won't come in, it comes in a big green spray can, forgot the name of it, but it has a big ant on the front if it.

------------------
*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "S-TROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"

↑ Up to the top!