Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Your least favorite enemy in the Doom 3
Your least favorite enemy in the Doom 3
2004-08-26, 8:26 AM #1
[EDIT: If a forum mod/admin wouldn't mind getting rid of the "the" in this thread title, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.]

Just post which enemies you despise the most. Right now I'm not incredibly fond of the Archvile. It's very annoying trying to take him out before he either a) uses his flame attack or b) spawns more enemies. He's also got a good amount of health, too much in my opinion. I also kinda have a love/hate thing going on for the Mancubus. I love the modelling job on them, and the cutscene that introduces them, but once again there just so damn hard to kill (I believe they have the most health of any non-boss enemy). And those fireball attacks are insanley fast and lethal.

As for favorites, I'd definitely have to go with the Hell Knight. My most memorable moment in the game so far would have to be when I took one of them out with one punch with the Berserker power-up. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

In other news, I finally escaped from Hell and am now entering the CPU Complex. Kinda disapointed to hear what happened to the Sarge, was one of my more likeable characters in the game. Too bad I'll have to kick his ***.

Also, hot damn, am I in love with this game. In my OPINION, id definitely out did their selves with this one. I was definitely just expecting another "engine demenstration" with this, but the story, atmosphere, and gameplay is really getting me into it. I just hope they make the upcoming movie half as good as the game.

[This message has been edited by JASRCC_Uber0010 (edited August 26, 2004).]
GOOGLE FIND THESE SITES PLEASE KTHXBYE
http://www.stevebcartoons.com
http://www.kingcola.com
2004-08-26, 8:30 AM #2
Wait, what movie? Huh?!

[As for least favorite, the lost souls. They keep skull ramming me when I'm in the middle of killing other demons]

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 26, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-26, 8:32 AM #3
hazaa

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-26, 8:33 AM #4
A Doom 3 movie?....sigh....

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-26, 8:34 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The Rock was in Australia last week promoting "Walking Tall" and told a couple of reporters about what's being planned for the game-to-film flick "Doom"</font>

*hangs head* *walks off*

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 26, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-26, 8:46 AM #6
Right, back on topic please...
GOOGLE FIND THESE SITES PLEASE KTHXBYE
http://www.stevebcartoons.com
http://www.kingcola.com
2004-08-26, 9:34 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
*hangs head* *walks off*

</font>

He's not a horrible actor and this is the kind of movie that won't require a lot of acting.

As for least favorite demos, those half baby looking things. They scare me.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-26, 10:00 AM #8
Actually id has confirmed that the Rock will not be the Doom guy, but he may have another roll in the movie.

And I hate the commandos. They run up to you fast and stick you with that tentacle thing, that hurts.

------------------
ZGPC

[This message has been edited by finity5 (edited August 26, 2004).]
2004-08-26, 10:12 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Actually id has confirmed that the Rock will not be the Doom guy, but he may have another roll in the movie.

And I hate the commandos. They run up to you fast and stick you with that tentacle thing, that hurts.

</font>

I have yet to find a way to dodge those stupid tentacles. Sure they are easy to kill, but they hurt like hell. Everything else I can dodge near-perfectly.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-08-26, 11:10 AM #10
Trites... I hate them because they swarm. Though it is kind of fun being backed into a corner with your shotgun running low on ammunition, all while they come from above, below and sometimes out of your pants.

So I hate them, but I also love them?

------------------
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-08-26, 11:13 AM #11
Mainly, yes.

------------------
2004-08-26, 11:13 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr. Alias:
Trites... I hate them because they swarm. Though it is kind of fun being backed into a corner with your shotgun running low on ammunition, all while they come from above, below and sometimes out of your pants.

So I hate them, but I also love them?

</font>

Because they are coming out of your pants? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-26, 11:34 AM #13
Oh dear.

I hate lost souls, because they're a bugger to kill, they move fast and they rip you to shreds. I'd rather face a bunch of revenants than a horde of lost souls.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-26, 11:49 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
As for least favorite demos, those half baby looking things. They scare me.</font>
Cherubs rock.
2004-08-26, 12:28 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I have yet to find a way to dodge those stupid tentacles. Sure they are easy to kill, but they hurt like hell. Everything else I can dodge near-perfectly.

</font>

Well, I can dodge them sometimes, but its only if you got room to the left. When the guy is about to slap you with that thing, run + strafe to the left and you'll dodge it most of the time.

------------------
\(='_'=)/
\(='_'=)/
2004-08-26, 12:55 PM #16
I would much rather see a Wolfenstein movie than a Doom movie.
2004-08-26, 1:02 PM #17
Definatly the lost souls (i think thats what they are called, the flying heads) those things get me cursing up a storm... three of them practically reduce your aim/manuverability(sp?) down to nothing.

I was getting hit by three of them, and i think an imp or two and i ended up pulling out the chainsaw just to clear a path to run for cover. I guess if you cant aim, use something that requires no aim.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2

"Why are they called headphones... why not... Headspeakers?" - finity5
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-08-26, 1:03 PM #18
I really hate those ****ing trites. There's something about a head with 8 legs that crawls out of a small crevice that really freaks me out.

I have horrible nightmares where I just keep hearing that noise they make when you wake them up

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam

[This message has been edited by KegZ (edited August 26, 2004).]
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-08-26, 1:04 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:

</font>

This doesnt work 100% but it does work, when they are coming at you, sprint backwards and right as they pull back to slap you with it, jump backwards and to the right (since i think the tentacle is on their right arm (your left)).

edit: oh yeah, and keep shooting in the process...no brainer but sometimes people forget to shoot while they are dodging.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2

"Why are they called headphones... why not... Headspeakers?" - finity5

[This message has been edited by KOP_AoEJedi (edited August 26, 2004).]
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-08-26, 1:58 PM #20
I really, really hate the Revanant or whatever you call it. It shoots rockets at you that follow you. It's hard as hell to avoid them unless you have a plasma rifle and just keep shooting at him and taking the rockets down as you go.

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.
2004-08-26, 2:20 PM #21
squishy. annoying as hell.
2004-08-26, 2:21 PM #22
Trites. Yuck.... I hate those things. Does the Hell Knight roar still sound cool?

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-08-26, 3:44 PM #23
commandos and lost souls... with lost souls winning by a small ammount of extra annoyance

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-26, 4:23 PM #24
I've found the best defense against the commandos is when you hear them coming, get as far back as you can from wherever they're coming from, and introduce them to Mr.Rocket Launcher. One hit is all it take. The chaingun also works well.

I hate the chaingun commandos more. They're easier to dodge, but getting a clear shot at them is hard, and they do ALOT of damage.
2004-08-26, 4:33 PM #25
rock will play a good doom hero.. seriously.. has the face and style for it! I would say.. cyber demons.. Hard to kill but hey least I DONT need god mode for it :P..

------------------
-- [url="mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com"]mailto:Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com[/url]Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com</A>--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
-- Jatso_jk1@hotmail.com--The Bounty Hunters Arc Forum--Firehound Inc.--
2004-08-26, 5:23 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
He's not a horrible actor and this is the kind of movie that won't require a lot of acting.

As for least favorite demos, those half baby looking things. They scare me.

</font>

Cherubs.

As for me, I hate the fat zombies with wrenches. I got surrounded by them and so fat that's the only time I've died -_-;

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."

*does the hippo*
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-26, 6:59 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
I got surrounded by them and so fat that's the only time I've died</font>

That's when you whip out your MAGLITE.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-26, 7:15 PM #28
So many whacks made me face down, then up, then down. I was so disoriented that I didn't realize I still had my flashlight out, and ended up beating the floor more than I beat them. I got like, one or two whacks in.

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."

*does the hippo*
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."

↑ Up to the top!