Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Network Adaptor Bypass For Xbox 360
Network Adaptor Bypass For Xbox 360
2009-07-22, 12:02 AM #1
Ok, so I am having a problem with connecting my xbox 360 to the internet for live. I have bridged the networks and everything, but when I try to do a test on my xbox while everything is hooked up is a bunch of **** about DHCP server being enabled and what appears to be an IP address problem. :psyduck: Anyone have this problem?
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2009-07-22, 1:18 AM #2
I did when I had a gaming bridge. I fixed it the lazy way by dropping cash on the official microsoft wifi adapter which to my glee just worked.
2009-07-22, 2:31 AM #3
Yah, but by bridging them I already did what a wireless adapter would do. This was a problem with an IP address, I believe.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2009-07-22, 2:54 AM #4
I couldn't fix the problem so I just went round it ;)
2009-07-22, 5:22 AM #5
Mine came with the adapter... soooo no issues. :D
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-07-22, 11:28 AM #6
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Ok, so I am having a problem with connecting my xbox 360 to the internet for live. I have bridged the networks and everything, but when I try to do a test on my xbox while everything is hooked up is a bunch of **** about DHCP server being enabled and what appears to be an IP address problem. :psyduck: Anyone have this problem?

uh, what?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-07-22, 11:41 AM #7
What are you bridging the connections with?

I use my laptop and theres never been a hitch.
nope.
2009-07-22, 12:11 PM #8
give it a static ip and try again?

if you don't understand basic networking, you should probably just buy the adaptor.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-07-22, 3:20 PM #9
DHCP allows a device on a network to query for an IP address and other network information rather than requiring the user to input that information by hand.

When you bridge two networks DHCP support should extend to the other network. However if the XBox is looking for DHCP support and it finds none, simply set the settings by hand. It's usually as simple as copying the Subnet, Gateway, and DNS server information over from a PC on the network, and then copying the IP but changing the last number so it is unique.

Or just enable DHCP on your router so everything "just works".

Alternatively tell us what the error message you were getting was in more than vague terms so we can give you a more concrete solution.

2009-07-22, 11:36 PM #10
Originally posted by NoESC:

if you don't understand basic networking, you should probably just buy the adaptor.

:awesome:

↑ Up to the top!