Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bored at Work
Bored at Work
2009-07-22, 5:51 AM #1
I've had alot of free time while on the job recently due to construction activities within my department. The computers are pretty locked down preventing users from installing software and browsing any internet site with remotely questionable material (surprised massassi.net is allowed!).

One of the things I have been doing to entertain myself is using vbscript, since it's already present on all these computers. Anyway I combined a few scripts to create something amusing and figured I would share-

Talk2Me.vbs : http://binarydemons.com/talk2me.vbs

Meant to be run at Startup - it will use Text-to-Speech to greet the user and then loop every 1/2 second monitoring usb, cd/dvd drives, and running processes. It will continue to use MS's text-to-speech engine to announce status changes like: USB device inserted or Launching Windows Media Player.

It consumes between 0-10% of cpu on a P4 3.0ghz HT. To stop it, you will have to use taskmanager and terminate the wscript.exe process. Should be pretty simple to modify, it's amusing to try out on an unsuspecting coworker.

Requires WinXP or greater? (No Vista machines here, but I think it should work)

Anyway what do you guys do when bored at work?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-07-22, 6:45 AM #2
This is what I do when I am bored at work, like right now!
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-07-22, 7:08 AM #3
Ahh, you link reminded me of [url]www.binarydemons.com[/url], where all JK hackers went to bask in the site's glory.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-07-22, 7:36 AM #4
Binarydemons.com was never as great as eah-triscuit.com, I miss my old domain. I wish that squatter would give it up already.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-07-24, 12:23 PM #5
AutoIt is good for scripting since it includes a slew of functions. You can easily manipulate other windows, for instance, or make your own GUI. It's useful for automation.

2009-07-24, 12:41 PM #6
:master:
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.

↑ Up to the top!