Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bootcamp?
Bootcamp?
2009-07-22, 1:06 PM #1
Has anyone installed bootcamp before? I bought a used imac off a guy a while ago...I think he uninstalled bootcamp because AFAIK it's not on the computer. I also can't find it on my OSX install disks.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-07-22, 1:12 PM #2
Usually Boot Camp comes when you install OS X. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its only available natively on the Leopard discs. If it were installed it would be in the Applications\Utilities\ directory. The program isn't called "Boot Camp" but "Boot Camp Assistant".

I've installed it before, but overall I enjoy Parallels more than Boot Camp. Then again I just use it for Office, Access, etc., not really for gaming.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-07-22, 1:18 PM #3
Bootcamp will only work with an Intel Mac.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-07-22, 1:24 PM #4
Oh yeah, that too.
2009-07-22, 3:12 PM #5
I've installed Windows on a new partition, but how do I boot back into OSX? When I restart the computer it just goes straight to Vista.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-07-22, 3:17 PM #6
Hold down alt, I believe.
2009-07-22, 3:50 PM #7
Yeah, hold down alt on startup to switch between OS X and Windows. I believe you can set the startup preference in boot camp (i.e. not have it boot into Vista by default).
2009-07-22, 5:03 PM #8
Thanks guys. I was afraid I killed my computer for a minute there.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-07-22, 6:13 PM #9
you can set the default in system prefs > startup disk
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT

↑ Up to the top!