Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedikirby
Jedikirby
2009-07-23, 8:17 AM #1
How come you haven't shared any videos with us in a long time? I remember you used to post several that were both interesting and hilarious, where you'd show us things you had to do in your daily life, but were challenging because of your size. There was the somewhat disturbing buttpubes video, but aside from that they were enjoyable!

For everyone else, show your appreciation or hatred toward Jedikirby's videos, and explain why you feel the way you do.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-07-23, 8:19 AM #2
And what about that webcomic

Hell, I even miss your UNTEXTURED 3D MODELS ON THE INTERNET threads. Even though, well, you know.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-07-23, 8:30 AM #3
I am working on organizing other parts of my life before I embark on ambitious creative projects. I have problems with follow through on the most basic level, and I am working on understanding and correcting certain behaviors that I am struggling to make up for. I also want to relearn film, drawing, and writing from a fundamentals approach, as I've been trying to model my life after some of my favorite authors and artists. This means lots of baby steps that I wont be sharing with all of you asses :-D.

Furthermore, pressing health issues have caused me to focus specifically on becoming healthier.

I've been filming a lot, but none of it is really fit for youtube or anything. I may be writing and filming a short about a 911 operator answering a call from a man who learns that he is going to die. It was inspired by listening to 911 calls from the Trade Towers, Pentagon, and Flights on 9/11.

The operator in one video says "We're trying to help sir." The New Yorker responds "You say that Lady, but you're sitting in an air conditioned room, it's bad here. Real bad. Send the Firefighters."

This really struck me, and then a friend came to me looking to build a portfolio piece, and we settled on this. I'm not announcing it, we haven't even met about it yet. If anything comes of it, I'll let you guys know.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-23, 8:36 AM #4
So in the meantime no more awesome little videos about your day to day life? :(
Author of the JK levels:

2009-07-23, 8:41 AM #5
Not really. I had to delete all of them because of copyright. I am too nitpicky to just film boring face shots without music, so anything I'd film at this point would seem contrived and forced. I don't know, I guess I kind of got sick of it. I'm not really good at being a youtuber and keeping people updated about things that don't matter.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-23, 8:49 AM #6
To me, you were pretty inspiring. You have such a challenge doing things all of the rest of us take for granted. I don't mean that to be offensive or sound like I pity you, I'm actually saying the exact opposite. You have a lot more patience than I could ever have, and I found a lot of your videos, while may seeming trivial to you, really interesting to me. Also, you take a funny spin on things that are annoying to you, at least it's what you showed, you seem overall like a fairly optimistic person.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-07-23, 8:54 AM #7
That's something that I have actually had to deal with. By nature, I am an increadibly seriously impatient person. Frustratingly so. Being crippled means I have to be very very very patient and calm when I'd rather not be. Knowing who my father is, and recognizing that I am him, I deal with impatience that he simply cannot.

I honestly don't understand exactly how I do it. I guess it kind of is the humor, but part of it is apathy. Being able to belittle the situation makes it manageable and tolerable, I suppose.

Why didn't you just IM me?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-23, 11:11 AM #8
jEDIkIRBY! woo! He's a pretty ****ing ok dude.
2009-07-23, 11:22 AM #9
I will admit, when I first used to come here a while back, I didn't like JediKirby. I didn't really have a reason for it, but I'm certainly not going to hide it that I did (and I didn't really if I recall). Over time, as I grew up (and the community also) I never got to know Kirby at all, or even engage in debates with him really that much. But, I've always paid attention to his posts. I've come to think of him as one of the most intelligent members of the community, and his points always make you think and I barely see them refuted. I have come to respect him for that. His videos were awesome, especially the one with him doing a comedy poem reading, of which he wrote, in a living room of friends.
2009-07-23, 12:34 PM #10
kirb, lets record something at JSM, i'll be there saturday
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-07-23, 12:43 PM #11
When only 5 years ago...

[19:15:58] <Wolfy> KIRBY IS SUCH A ****TARD
[19:16:03] <MBeggar> YES HE IS

Oh my!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-07-23, 1:02 PM #12
I remember when Kirby made the post about soy and got his title changed which made him RAGE for a little while, but then he got used to it.

Also, whenever I pass through Duluth, MN in order to get to Canada from Wisconsin, I always think to myself...

"Jedikirby lives here"
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-07-23, 1:44 PM #13
I miss third-person kirby.
2009-07-23, 5:17 PM #14
Originally posted by Temperamental:
I will admit, when I first used to come here a while back, I didn't like JediKirby. I didn't really have a reason for it, but I'm certainly not going to hide it that I did (and I didn't really if I recall). Over time, as I grew up (and the community also) I never got to know Kirby at all, or even engage in debates with him really that much. But, I've always paid attention to his posts. I've come to think of him as one of the most intelligent members of the community, and his points always make you think and I barely see them refuted. I have come to respect him for that. His videos were awesome, especially the one with him doing a comedy poem reading, of which he wrote, in a living room of friends.

Now that's just flame baiting! (but thanks.)

Originally posted by genk:
kirb, lets record something at JSM, i'll be there saturday

Surprisingly extroverted? I'll be there all 3 days, camera in hand.

Originally posted by Petmc.:
I remember when Kirby made the post about soy and got his title changed which made him RAGE for a little while, but then he got used to it.

I was just upset that I lost Mr. Pessimistic. Once "Pessimistic" was added, I was happy again.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-23, 5:37 PM #15
Originally posted by SithGhost:
I miss third-person kirby.

I was thinking the same thing.
2009-07-23, 5:51 PM #16
I was 12!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-23, 5:56 PM #17
I know this is the internet but I never thought I'd see a video of how a crippled midget dresses himself.
nope.
2009-07-23, 9:41 PM #18
Wanna see a crippled midget undress a scottsman? Eh?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-07-23, 9:53 PM #19
No, I rather kill myself.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-07-23, 10:06 PM #20
i remember the first time i met kirbs. he was making fun of an emo girl's makeup. he kept asking her if her boyfriend beat her and gave her black eyes.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-07-24, 4:14 AM #21
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
No, I rather kill myself.

Just because your people aren't naturally hairy.
nope.
2009-07-24, 1:59 PM #22
I think we're all eagerly anticipating the leaking of the JediKirby sex tape. Don't pretend it doesn't exist.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-07-24, 4:00 PM #23

ITS KIRBY

(and one shot of me)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-07-24, 4:37 PM #24
cloud cult, good band.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-07-25, 8:11 AM #25
Brandon is my hero.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!