Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Russian Navy UFO encounters
Russian Navy UFO encounters
2009-07-28, 6:29 AM #1
http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-07-21/Russian_Navy_UFO_records_say_aliens_love_oceans.html

Kinda reminds me of the National Enquirer, if you ask me.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-07-28, 7:13 AM #2
I've more or less figured out what 90% of UFOs are. Thanks to a friend that I graduated with, who's now scary high (for what kind a person he was, in fact, he used to be on here some time ago.) in the navy. They aren't as 'extraterrestrial' as people seem to hope they are.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-07-28, 7:39 AM #3
I'm sure your friend doesnt have the clearance to know what 90% of UFOs are. Even if he did, I'm fairly certain he's not allowed to tell you that :P

I agree that most UFOs are just regular objects (or secret government spyplanes :tinfoil:) that people happen to catch a glimpse of. I'm not going to dismiss every UFO case as that though :P
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-07-28, 8:50 AM #4
He's recently been taken up to E-6, I know that he worked a lot of intel on china during the last couple of years. I didn't get much info on that, not nearly what I would have liked.

I'd like to make special note that he never tells me anything directly, but we have our way of getting the facts across.
2009-07-28, 8:52 AM #5
Word of mouth in the shower room?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-07-28, 8:58 AM #6
Hah, something like that.
2009-07-28, 8:59 AM #7
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
He's recently been taken up to E-6, I know that he worked a lot of intel on china during the last couple of years. I didn't get much info on that, not nearly what I would have liked.

I'd like to make special note that he never tells me anything directly, but we have our way of getting the facts across.

The government is reading this.
They are going to "take care" of your friend.
Good job!
2009-07-28, 9:01 AM #8
Haha, we had that discussion already as well. Considering I don't have proof, there's nothing to worry about. Not for him, not for me, not for Uncle Sam's middle finger.
2009-07-28, 9:14 AM #9
:tinfoil:
2009-07-28, 9:14 AM #10
Yea.

That's pretty cool though.
Maybe we are living in the Continuum timeline where he runs the Stargate program.
2009-07-28, 9:32 AM #11
I am Thor. Your species has great potential.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-07-28, 9:53 AM #12
The Abyss...
2009-07-28, 9:56 AM #13
"My friend is like, part of the governement man, and he told me about top secret stuff man!"
2009-07-28, 10:06 AM #14
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
"My friend is like, part of the governement man, and he told me about top secret stuff man!"

Haha, technically, he didn't tell me anything. Remember?
2009-07-28, 8:25 PM #15
I have a cousin who works at Lockheed-Martin on their classified government stuff. He has to take lie-detector tests every 6 months and if he shows signs of even having talked about it indirectly he would be immediately fired. I doubt your friend is as high up as you think. E-6 doesn't really say anything about his clearance.
Life is beautiful.
2009-07-28, 9:03 PM #16
I've more or less figured out what 90% of UFOs are.

Watch out guys, KOP_AoEJedi knows things. He's got friends, and they're in the government.

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=48545
2009-07-28, 9:16 PM #17
If all of the rest of life is indication, the truth is really boring. Entertain us with sweet, sweet lies.
2009-07-28, 10:27 PM #18
Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
He has to take lie-detector tests every 6 months and if he shows signs of even having talked about it indirectly he would be immediately fired.

Yeah, no. As someone who worked in the industry, they use polygraph tests, but they're not the end all-be-all. If there's a "slight indication of talking about it indirectly" they're going to do more investigation, no timmediately fire you.

IF they fire you, then A) They have to find someone to replace you, B) It just encourages you to be pissed off at them and talk about it more.

I'm also going to cast some doubts on the "every six month" thing, although with less certainty. It's POSSIBLE that they might do this, but highly unlikely considering the backlog for background investigations is something like nine months right now.

I think it's most likely that your friend is probably exaggerating his importance a little bit...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-07-29, 1:44 AM #19
http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-07-22/Beach-volleyball-event-in-Moscow-dubbed-a-success.html

Much more entertaining, especially at 1:07.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-07-29, 6:03 AM #20
Originally posted by Jin:
Watch out guys, KOP_AoEJedi knows things. He's got friends, and they're in the government.

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=48545

Hah, well you don't have to believe me, but go off and watch some video that wasn't proven faked or hoaxed, most of those show the same craft. I know for a fact the triangle 'UFO' is ours. (by ours I mean human not aliens or anything.)

As for the saucers, who knows... maybe its new.
2009-07-29, 7:14 AM #21
Uh... yea we've had triangular planes before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-117_Nighthawk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-2_Spirit

Its fairly well known that the air force and nasa have been experimenting with flying wing aircraft for a while :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flying_wing_aircraft
2009-07-29, 7:39 AM #22
Hah, well you don't have to believe me, but go off and watch some video that wasn't proven faked or hoaxed, most of those show the same craft. I know for a fact the triangle 'UFO' is ours. (by ours I mean human not aliens or anything.)

As for the saucers, who knows... maybe its new.

I seriously hope that you're just kiddin' and ****ing with our minds...
2009-07-29, 1:38 PM #23
E-6 is a paygrade/rank. Basically it means he's a Petty Officer First Class, and he gets paid the E-6 base pay. For perspective, the Army/MC equivalent is Staff Sergeant and an E-4 is a Corporal.

Conclusion: An E-6 is far away from anyone important.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-07-29, 1:56 PM #24
Well the triangle UFO is often said to be a secret blimp project or a hover bomber, not alien. Still stupid though.
2009-07-29, 10:07 PM #25
:carl:

I've more or less figured out what 90% of UFOs are.

Most live UFO sightings are misidentified terrestrial objects (planes, blimps, satellites, balloons and even cars), or misidentified (and often rare) atmospheric phenomena, most of which I've forgotten the proper names for. Most photographic UFO sightings ("It wasn't there when I took the picture!") are either of the above or reflections in windows (accounting for most photos taken from inside a car), insects moving past the lense or an object on the lense (dirt, etc). A lot of this applies to videographic 'evidence' also. This accounts for more like 95% of UFO sightings.

The other 5% are fuzzy silver dots in the sky, fuzzy multi-coloured dots in the sky, or a bunch of lights moving together at night. These would fit the classification of unidentified flying objects, but a lot of them are still likely something very mundane that someone believes to be special. This is the relm of ufology and what has been established thought for the last fifty years. And if what you've "figured out" differs from any of this all you've done is needlessly complicated one of the most boring subsets of paranormal interest.

I know for a fact the triangle 'UFO' is ours.

No, you don't. I know this because no one has any factual evidence on anything relating to any conspiracy theory (which they all are) which stipulates that any government has some super-awesome hovering spaceships of awesomeness. And you are the last person anyone would expect to stumble apon it just because you've got a bro in the Navy. Lots of people have bros in the Navy and yet still the mystery of the triangle goes unsolved. Coincidence? I think not.

What you do know is that conspiracy theorists everywhere have believed, since it first entered the lexicon in the 90's, the 'triangle' to be terrestrial technology. For those unaware, the 'triangle' being reffered to here is claimed to be a massive hovering craft (100m or more across), having three large lights on the points, which moves slowly.
I've read a lot about people seeing these massive triangles in the sky, I've seen the drawings and I've seen the very obscured photographs of three lights in a starry sky, but there are no facts here. Merely assumptions, often absurd, drawn from evidence that is, at best, what someone claims to have seen in the night sky. There is almost no evidence here to draw any conclusions, and eye-witness testimony in regards to just about everything are unreliable. I doubt the thing exists and I doubt anyone ever saw anything more than a plane.

Christ I ****ing hate ufology.
2009-07-29, 10:24 PM #26
Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
I have a cousin who works at Lockheed-Martin on their classified government stuff. He has to take lie-detector tests every 6 months and if he shows signs of even having talked about it indirectly he would be immediately fired. I doubt your friend is as high up as you think. E-6 doesn't really say anything about his clearance.

I work at Lockheed Martin. I have top secret clearance and access to SCI (that is all I can say on the matter). Your cousin is full of ****.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2009-07-29, 10:25 PM #27
I wonder, Is there any helicopter or plane that at the right angle would fit that profile, and move slow enough?
(The Triangle thing)
2009-07-29, 10:42 PM #28
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
I wonder, Is there any helicopter or plane that at the right angle would fit that profile, and move slow enough?
(The Triangle thing)

Probably. It obviously wouldn't be as big as claimed, and most likely be moving a lot higher in the night sky, giving the appearance of moving slowly when it could be going quite fast.
2009-07-29, 10:46 PM #29
A formation of stealth aircraft?
Geez, these things are easy to debunk.
2009-07-30, 10:53 AM #30
There are plenty of UFO videos that defy explanation. If you've bothered to read any of the files released you'd know that the investigations debunk most, but not all. They still have photos, videos, and stories that defy all explanation. These are people with more knowledge and information about the subject and details than you and I will ever have as well as tools that we do not. To think we're alone in the universe is incredibly naive and silly IMO, but as far as cow mutilations and crop circles are concerned, I doubt aliens would travel millions of miles to make some steak and draw in a field.
2009-07-30, 1:43 PM #31
Maybe we just have really good steak?
2009-07-30, 2:12 PM #32
Originally posted by Temperamental:
There are plenty of UFO videos that defy explanation. If you've bothered to read any of the files released you'd know that the investigations debunk most, but not all. They still have photos, videos, and stories that defy all explanation. These are people with more knowledge and information about the subject and details than you and I will ever have as well as tools that we do not.

are you serious
2009-07-30, 2:38 PM #33
I'm absolutely serious that is what I believe.
2009-07-30, 9:11 PM #34

yeah man, I hate to burst your bubble, but E6 is nothing special. That means 1) he's enlisted. Not an officer, which means he probably has at the most a 2 year college degree (if that). 2) he's been in the navy long enough to take at least 3 advancement exams. Which means maybe 5 or 6 years (maybe less depending on what rank he came in as).

To put this in perspective, I came into the navy as an E3 (I was started at E3 instead of E1 because I have a 2 year college degree). I've been in just slightly over a year and have made E4. I'm taking the test for E5 next march. So if I pass the test, that makes me E5 with less than 2 years in the Navy.

That said, more important than his paygrade is is security clearance. I have a Secret clearance (needed for my rate). This allows me access to information like actual specifications for certain weapons (ie ranges and speeds of missiles and torpedos and whatnot). However, the important thing to note here is that even though I am eligible to look at Secret marked documents, a "Need to Know" is still required for me to be able to do so. So most Secret marked information is still off limits to me because it has no bearing on what my job is. Which makes me wonder what your friend's job (or Rate) is and what kind of security clearance he has. But, knowing how things work, I'm inclined to believe that he's just running his mouth about stuff that he doesn't know any more about than you do.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-07-30, 9:22 PM #35
One last thing. If he does have the necessary clearances to have access to Secret or Top Secret information, and is using that access to educate you about advanced weapon or vehicle technologies (regardless of whether or not he's being discreet about it), then he is not only breaking the law, he's putting himself, you, and every other US citizen at risk. Information is made classified for a reason. That information in the wrong hands could be very dangerous to the safety of the American people. This sort of thing is what leads to terrorist bombings. I'm not exagerating. Look up the USS Cole bombing. What made that possible was some sailor being nonchalant about sharing the ship's schedule with people that didn't have a need to know it. This allowed terrorists to know where she was going to be and when and use that information to plan that attack which resulted in the loss of (I believe) 19 American lives, and billions of dollars worth of damages.

So next time your friend tries to pass on information to you that is classified, I highly reccomend that you stomp on that fast, and tell him in no uncertain terms that you don't need to know the information and don't want to put anyone at risk by having him share it with you.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-07-30, 9:49 PM #36
which stipulates that any government has some super-awesome hovering spaceships of awesomeness.

I'm in agreement with you, BUT that might be a bad example:

[http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2742/colouravrocar59.jpg]

If I ever become ridiculously wealthy, I'm going to revive this project and take it out on flights just to **** with ufologists.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-07-30, 10:01 PM #37
[http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/powers_of_persuasion/hes_watching_you/images_html/images/someone_talked.jpg]
2009-07-31, 12:02 AM #38
Originally posted by Emon:
I'm in agreement with you, BUT that might be a bad example:

I was aware those things existed, but I don't think they qualify as hovering spaceships of awesomeness because they're seriously lacking in awesome. They barely functioned and liked to crash a lot. The entire construction is just a unique application of well-understood technology, and hardly the far-advanced tech any conspiracy theory would claim. They're an interesting application of aeronautics but not terribly practical.

Originally posted by Temperamental:
words words words

UFO stands for unidentified flying object, not 'little green men'. The two were are unfortunately synonymous in most minds but they are worlds apart in definition. Ufology should not be connected to the "study" (if one could call if that) of things related to abduction phenomena, close encounters and contactees. Personally, I think all 'contactees' are psychotic, attention whoring idiots and should never be given any serious consideration when observing the possibility that E.T. might be trolling for country folk looking for a good time.

You will note I gave concession to not all UFO sightings being fully explainable up-front. But to conclude from a lack of evidence as itself being evidence of something more - in this instance, alluding to large-eyed spacemen - is absurd reasoning. Especially when the proof for these aliens are the UFO photos of which you are now using as proof that the UFO pictures are alien spaceships! It's almost like a chicken-and-the-egg arugment, only without rationality.

As far as close enoucnters and abductions go - every day I see millions of people give their allegiance to an unproven omnipotent deity short of any good reason other than faith. I'm not surprised some people believe Marvin the Martian stuck something up their butt.

Some people even beleive the earth is hollow and full of reptilians. World is full o' crazy.
2009-07-31, 6:03 AM #39
I didn't say I believed in UFO's (as intelligently controlled objects from other planets) because of the lack of evidence. There is plenty of evidence out there that cannot be explained. Not to mention when a government agency releases their files and comes to the conclusion that there are unexplainable incidence's, reports, photos, videos, or stories that they cannot explain, I think that says something. The US is the only country in the world holding back UFO talks and documents. All the other countries that seem to have knowledge are starting to (albeit slowly, but still doing so) release their documents except the US which remains as tightly lipped about it as ever.

For those interested, here's a conference (Exopolitics 2009 Summit i believe it's called) that was held a few days ago from a bunch of people that had highly prolific positions in the military and around the world. You can call them psychotic, but they held some of the most important jobs in their respective careers (Pilots, Air traffic controllers, military personnel, etc). Not to mention that your own astronauts have admitted that they have seen things, Buzz Aldrin and Edgar Mitchell to name just two.

Linkies and warning, they are several hours long but interesting to listen to nonetheless:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1868132

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1868431

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1873598

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1872960
2009-07-31, 9:46 AM #40
I was aware those things existed, but I don't think they qualify as hovering spaceships of awesomeness because they're seriously lacking in awesome.

I know, I was kidding. Their estimated flight ceiling was 10,000 ft. The actual flight ceiling? 3ft. :XD:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!