Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → [TECH] Laptop Power Adapters
[TECH] Laptop Power Adapters
2009-08-03, 6:23 AM #1
A friend of mine's laptop adapter got chewed up by a dog. The laptop is an older gateway, and the power brick is made by LITEON, but I can't seem to find a matching unit. My question is: (since I'm not as sure of my laptop knowledge as I am my desktop) Are the input connectors from the AC unit to the actual laptop all the same size? I plugged her unit into my new laptop to see if the plug would fit and it did, but I assume that doesn't mean they would work or are all the same.

I have found several 'possible' replacement units on newegg, a 65W 3.4a unit isnt hard to find, I just don't want to tell her to get one, and then it not fit or not charge.

Help?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-03, 7:08 AM #2
Probably best to go to Gateway or LITEON support directly and ask them about replacements.

2009-08-03, 7:45 AM #3
The [TECH] tag on the thread title has destroyed all credibility of said thread.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-08-03, 7:49 AM #4
So put [TECH]Petmc. ?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-03, 12:14 PM #5
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=54827&highlight=tags
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-08-03, 12:43 PM #6
Well, LITEON and Gateway still exist, so why not ask them?

I haven't met a laptop from different companies so far that share the same adapter.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-03, 12:50 PM #7
Wow, I saw that the thread title was Laptop Power Adapters and I thought that this was going to be a philosophical discussion. Boy was I wrong.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-08-03, 2:28 PM #8
laptop power adapters squeal because they are in pain duuuuuddeeeee
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-08-03, 2:37 PM #9
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
Wow, I saw that the threat title was Laptop Power Adapters and I thought that this was going to be a philosophical discussion. Boy was I wrong.

No one cares.
2009-08-03, 2:38 PM #10
Look here for a replacement AC adapter. You don't have to buy it here, but it'll tell you what you need. When purchasing a new AC adapter, it's always better to buy the one that goes with the unit. However, if you're going to get another brand, you want to do so based on the voltage & amperage.
? :)

↑ Up to the top!