Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I just watched Gran Turino
I just watched Gran Turino
2009-08-06, 12:02 PM #1
and I know this thread is a little late and there was already a thread about this movie... but dang.

that was one good movie. Clint Eastwood is still a badass. this is evidenced by the part where he beat the crap out of that gangbanger, and i didn't even for a second think that it was unbelievable that an old man like him could do that.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-06, 12:05 PM #2
Yeah its definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. Hes like fricken 80 and is even more badass than he was 40 years ago. My favorite quote has to be when hes in his lawn and says "I stacked ****s like you five feet high in Korea."
2009-08-06, 12:13 PM #3
I had never before heard the term 'spooks'. Needless to say when he drove up and said "What are you spooks up to??" I laughed.

Funny is funny. Even if it is a racist old man.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-06, 12:15 PM #4
I thought the song at the end was hilarious.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-08-06, 12:28 PM #5
I only watched it recently myself and I thought it was excellent. Favourite badass Clint moment was when he fake-pulled a gun on the three guys harrassing Sue. Then pulled a real one :D

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? *spit* That's me."

Yessir, Mr. Eastwood, sir. Running away now, sir.
2009-08-06, 12:45 PM #6
[http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/Gran-Torino.jpg]

But yeah, I loved the movie :D
一个大西瓜
2009-08-06, 12:51 PM #7
This movie also proves that manly men drink PBR when they are old and don't give a ****
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-08-06, 12:55 PM #8
Originally posted by LividDK:
I only watched it recently myself and I thought it was excellent. Favourite badass Clint moment was when he fake-pulled a gun on the three guys harrassing Sue. Then pulled a real one :D

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? *spit* That's me."

Yessir, Mr. Eastwood, sir. Running away now, sir.

Yes - best line in the whole movie.
woot!
2009-08-06, 12:55 PM #9
This is the kinda movie that makes you look forward to being old...

I want his rifle, isnt it a M1 Garand? or maybe Carbine?
2009-08-06, 12:59 PM #10
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

woot!
2009-08-06, 1:00 PM #11
Thought so... mmm love those.
2009-08-06, 1:05 PM #12
Originally posted by mscbuck:
This movie also proves that manly men drink PBR when they are old and don't give a ****

Amen.
2009-08-06, 1:09 PM #13
Originally posted by Tracer:
I thought the song at the end was hilarious.

Agreed. Clint Eastwood may be a great actor and a great director, but never put him in a recording studio. His soundtracks are alright, nothing special, but singing? Come on.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-08-06, 1:57 PM #14
Someone hasn't seen Paint Your Wagon. :P
nope.
2009-08-06, 2:11 PM #15
I've not seen Gran Turino yet, but favorite Eastwood movie is definitely Unforgiven.
2009-08-07, 7:29 AM #16
I think that every single movie with a male lead should star Clint Eastwood until he dies. It doesn't matter if he's playing a highschooler or an old man.

And every movie with a female lead should also star Clint Eastwood as her love interest.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-07, 11:42 AM #17
I thought it was lame as hell. The racial slurs just got old, redundant, and overused. I was expecting something more badass based on the previews for it. I paid for "No Country for Old Men" and I got "Driving Miss Daisy". I spent the whole movie *waiting* for it to start to get cool, and then it ended.
2009-08-07, 12:06 PM #18
Gran Torino.

And yes, the movie was awesome.
>>untie shoes
2009-08-07, 1:31 PM #19
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

U.S. Rifle Caliber .30 M1... or M1 Garand

this is a US Carbine Caliber .30 M1 or M1 Carbine
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-08-07, 3:02 PM #20
Hehehe... zipper-heads :)
Clint has certainly found his niche.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2009-08-07, 3:50 PM #21
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Someone hasn't seen Paint Your Wagon. :P

Gonna paint our wagon
Gonna paint it good
We ain't braggin'
We're gonna coat that wood!

They're gonna paint that wagon
They're gonna paint it good
They aint braggin'
They're gonna coat that wood!

Gonna paint your wagon
Gonna paint it fine
Gonna use oil-based paint 'cos the wood is pine!

Ahhhh...classic.
2009-08-07, 4:13 PM #22
When I grow old, I want to be a badass like Clint Eastwood. I love how he took on all these gangsters (including that wannabe one) without fear.
2009-08-07, 5:44 PM #23
Yeah that's great, except for the being shot part.
2009-08-07, 6:28 PM #24
Originally posted by Cloud:
When I grow old, I want to be a badass like Clint Eastwood. I love how he took on all these gangsters (including that wannabe one) without fear.

Would you also like to become a firefighter, astronaut, and professional baseball player as well?

↑ Up to the top!