Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Blind search engine test
Blind search engine test
2009-08-09, 3:22 PM #1
Like a blind taste test, but for search engines

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/08/which-search-engine-do-you-choose-in-the-blind-test/

Actual test: http://blindsearch.fejus.com/

The idea is pretty cool to me (esp since it's relevant to some of my current coursework)

Post your results!
一个大西瓜
2009-08-09, 3:30 PM #2
based on the one thing i was about to look for, i apparently like bing.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-08-09, 3:45 PM #3
I apparently like Yahoo.

2009-08-09, 4:52 PM #4
I did the test 3 times and all 3 times got Google. I guess that means Google was consistently the most relevant search engine.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-08-09, 4:56 PM #5
I don't like Yahoo, but that test says I do.

That means... I've been LIVING A LIE!!! MY WHOLE LIFE IS A BIG FAT LIE!! I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE ANYMORE!!!!

*jumps off bridge*
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-08-09, 4:58 PM #6
I voted yahoo.

I think I'm going to be sick.
nope.
2009-08-09, 6:04 PM #7
I voted bing and google. But. They all have the same results?
2009-08-09, 6:55 PM #8
I voted Google. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2009-08-09, 7:00 PM #9
I twice voted bing (whatever the hell that is) and once Yahoo. But honestly the search results were practically the same, and it's really a moot point. The first one I chose based on the fact that the wiki page for my results was displayed one position higher than the other two. The second one was my user name, and I chose based on the fact that my Massassi profile was first on the list for bing, and 3rd or 4th for the other two. And the last one was for "lions" and I chose once again based on the wiki page, with the tie-breaking factor being choosing the one that did not have the Detroit Lions webpage in a top position (the reasoning being that if I'd wanted the Detroit Lions, I would have searched "Detroit Lions" not just "lions").
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-09, 7:37 PM #10
Bing is the new Microshaft search engine thingy. And soon to be the lovechild of Microsoft and Yahoo, if Microsoft gets its way.
2009-08-09, 7:48 PM #11
I've voted Google for every single search I've done so far, no joke

like 10 in a row
一个大西瓜
2009-08-09, 9:44 PM #12
Google did way better every time, but I didn't count how many. I picked things that were complex, but had a goal. Most of the time Bing completely misunderstood and went in a totally different direction, and Yahoo always seemed like someone barely listening to you talk, responding to general ideas. Google was always at least relevant to my topic.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-08-09, 10:02 PM #13
google
2009-08-09, 10:08 PM #14
I use Google because it's the only engine that has a non-retarded web design philosophy. We don't need a page of irrelevant links or pretty pictures. We need the damned search input, and that's all.
2009-08-10, 5:25 AM #15
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I use Google because it's the only engine that has a non-retarded web design philosophy. We don't need a page of irrelevant links or pretty pictures. We need the damned search input, and that's all.

Will you marry me?

Don't tell my wife...

↑ Up to the top!