Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Random computer issue (graphics-related?)
Random computer issue (graphics-related?)
2009-08-10, 9:41 AM #1
Occasionally, when I boot or wake from sleep on my desktop, the monitor will fail to receive a signal from the computer -- it usually flashes as if it's trying, then goes into powersave, then repeat. The computer itself appears to be running (I can hear the startup chime, for instance) -- just no picture. I have to restart to fix it.

I'm running W7 RC and am just curious if anyone else has encountered this -- whether it's a software/drivers problem or a hardware problem (hopefully not). It hasn't really been a problem per se, I'm just curious // wanting to nip it in the bud if it is a potential problem.
一个大西瓜
2009-08-10, 10:11 AM #2
Might wanna try updating your BIOS or flashing your CMOS--a setting could be fubarred in there.
D E A T H
2009-08-10, 4:46 PM #3
i had this problem with the win7 beta, but not since the RC.

now, at the time i happened to have some bad RAM that caused several BSODs, so if you're having any problems with win7 crashing, try running memtest
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-08-10, 5:03 PM #4
Originally posted by Ford:
i had this problem with the win7 beta, but not since the RC.

now, at the time i happened to have some bad RAM that caused several BSODs, so if you're having any problems with win7 crashing, try running memtest

answer my PM. :psyduck:
woot!
2009-08-10, 5:39 PM #5
I have a problem where i have to slowly push the monitor on button until it turns on if the system has gone into powersave for the monitor with the monitor already off
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!