Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WaW game.
WaW game.
2009-08-11, 5:58 PM #1
Call of Duty: World at War is 24 dollars on Steam.

I'm curious, for those of you who did play it, is it worth $24? Is it just a generic WW2 shooter that one would play it once and put down forever? Should I save for CoD: Modern Warface games? Some people say it's better than Call of Duty 3, which I thought was boring and bland, or is it really not?

I was thinking of buying that or Dead Space (for $29) because I heard of some really good things about it. A better buy? I guess multiplayer comes into consideration, but my MP outlet is occupied with TF2. :/
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-11, 6:05 PM #2
Get Modern Warfare.
2009-08-11, 6:06 PM #3
Vin, I forgot the tags. Could you be a darling and add them?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-11, 6:13 PM #4
k!!!
2009-08-11, 6:17 PM #5
Get modern warfare, wait for mw2, enjoy
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-08-11, 7:02 PM #6
Oh, I should mention that I've never really been into military shooters, but I LOVED CoD4. It's just a really, really well made game, plain and simple.
2009-08-11, 7:24 PM #7
WaW is fun on the xbox in multiplayer.

dont know if its just me, but its hell finding players in multi on PC, plus i always seem to have a ****ty connection.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-08-11, 7:26 PM #8
If it comes down to money, then yes, get the modern warfare games. But WaW is indeed better than CoD3. Quite a fun play.
2009-08-11, 8:22 PM #9
As everyone said, get MW. I got both, and WaW is just another WW2 shooter. I played CoD1-3, and WaW is just the same, but with better graphics. I palyed it through once and never touched it again, what a waste of money.
2009-08-11, 8:27 PM #10
meh I enjoyed it. But then I'm not really competent when it comes to judging games.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-11, 9:09 PM #11
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
meh I enjoyed it. But then I'm not really competent when it comes to judging games.

..or posting. [http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/Cmd598/emote/emot-smug.gif]
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-08-11, 10:22 PM #12
I never play Multiplayer games. Ever. In fact, I despise online gaming for the most part.

That being said, I play Call of Duty 4 all the ****in' time online. Believe me when I say that statement means a lot. It is just a great game all around. Short SP, but very intense still. The MP more than makes up for it.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!