Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gamer
Gamer
2009-08-13, 11:23 AM #1
http://gamerthemovie.com/

Saw the trailer on tv last night, reminds me of UT just a tad.

Opinions?
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-13, 11:25 AM #2
I'd never heard of this, and just checked out the synopsis on IMDB. Odd concept and rather intriguing.

It kind of sounds like that Bruce Willis movie thats coming out sometime in the next year, where they control their clones from a distance.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-13, 11:32 AM #3
That one seemed really cool. I remember seeing the previews for it.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-13, 12:34 PM #4
Seen the trailer for this a long time ago. I like the premise of the film, but if it's not pulled off right it'll turn out to be a horrible film. I dunno, I've just got a bad feeling about this one.
2009-08-13, 1:32 PM #5
I love Michael C Hall, but the movie looks terrible.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-08-13, 1:40 PM #6
So I take it Jason Statham was unavailable? :P

It doesn't look great, but the premise reminds me a little of running man and I love awful films like that.

Also, does anyone have any idea who was doing that cover of Tainted Love?
nope.
2009-08-13, 1:41 PM #7
Unless it features a poopsocker who is #1 and has never left his basement, It''s not realistic.
2009-08-13, 3:33 PM #8
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Also, does anyone have any idea who was doing that cover of Tainted Love?

Marilyn Manson I believe.
2009-08-13, 3:44 PM #9
Originally posted by Baconfish:
So I take it Jason Statham was unavailable? :P

Reminds me of the premise for Death Race, only on foot.
2009-08-13, 4:31 PM #10
yeah I think it's gonna suck.

I just honestly don't think Hollywood has the maturity to pull off a film of this nature.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-13, 4:58 PM #11
The website is technically impressive but otherwise annoying.
2009-08-13, 6:21 PM #12
this movie will be a pile of **** rivaling that of a fertilizer factory.
2009-08-14, 6:37 PM #13
I don't necessarily mind the mind-control aspect, but linking it to gaming makes me highly skeptical that this will be any good. It just sounds really silly. And not good silly either. The embarrassing-hard-to-watch kind of silly.

↑ Up to the top!