Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi tech support, I need you
Massassi tech support, I need you
2009-08-16, 7:15 PM #1
Ok. My computer has kinda gone haywire on me. Currently, I can't get past a post screen before it either powers itself down or hangs ( I lose visual during this point as well.) Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I made it to a BIOS screen to check the temp and my cpu was at 37 degrees before it immediately powered down.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-08-16, 7:17 PM #2
My computer was doing something similar to me last year; turned out it was the video card.
Stuff
2009-08-16, 8:32 PM #3
reset the CMOS and see what happens.

to do this you flip the switch on your PSU, and on your motherboard there should be a battery. take out the battery, wait a minute(at least ten seconds) and put it back in, flip the switch on the PSU, and fire it up.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-08-16, 8:33 PM #4
Originally posted by Ford:
wait a minute(at least ten seconds)

As lame as it is to have done so, I admit I chuckled at this <_<
一个大西瓜
2009-08-16, 8:34 PM #5
I can't find the humor, and yes I have reset a CMOS before.
2009-08-17, 8:18 AM #6
No dice on the CMOS. Still not making it to a post screen. Any other ideas?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-08-17, 8:21 AM #7
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
I can't find the humor, and yes I have reset a CMOS before.

It's funny because he states "wait a minute", which is 60 seconds, then attempts to clarify his statement by saying "at least ten seconds", which is significantly less than a minute.
2009-08-17, 8:38 AM #8
- Unplug any usb devices. (I have seen some usb devices hang computers that are trying to detect usb drives during bios initialization)
- Try re-seating CPU/RAM/Videocard.
- Could be Powersupply but if it is, your sorta out of luck unless you have access to a spare PSU or a powersupply tester.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-08-17, 9:06 AM #9
Pull out part after part and see if you can get it to POST.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!